Thread: DIET vs WORKOUT

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

DIET vs WORKOUT

Lets just say for the sake of argument that I havnt got the time or money to get my diet in check, therefore I rely on anything available like unclean foods, you know what I mean.

And on the other hand lets just say that I dont really have the time for as much cardio that I would need to stay lean and burn off any excess fat.

My question is just what arguments people have for each senario and is there any way you would get in shape if for example you stuffed your face with loads of crap but done loads of cardio or do no cardio and have your diet in check.

This is had my head pickled down the gym so I told my m8 id put it on the board for discussion

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Diet & workout go hand in hand. Stuffing your face with junk only and extreme cardio you would end up like a walking zombie stick with no muscle to boot. No cardio with great clean healthy diet would give you a good body but that would depend on genetic predisposition. There is something to say about you are what you eat. Certain nutrients you consume will yield higher hormone levels like HGH resulting in a coresponding increase of igf1& 2 the real magic that will help with protein synthesis,hence increased muscle and better body composition. Along with that the stress hormones are better controlled.

Aboot is offline Banned
    I hate these hypothetical questions, but yes, having your diet in check is preferable.

P Rock is offline Member

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    I hate these hypothetical questions, but yes, having your diet in check is preferable.
    Yea, I totally agree and almost said whats the point here?? But I gave my personal opinion anyways good or bad.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    How about we all just eat **** all week long but continue to train a bit, sound good fellas?

AlluiciousJones is offline New Member
    Wow, um. I find it hard to believe that you don't have the ability to eat clean, but i can be wrong. In that case, i suggest you try to eat as clean as you possibly can. I truly believe that you don't grow or get results if your missing either your training, supplementation, or diet. Take one out and the equation is off balance.

You can't just like find a cat or something? i bet they are packed with protein.

Well I have tried the clean eating thing, but with crappy results. So because I want to bulk naturaly until at least January Im just eating whatever I get my hands on, I ate a chicken leg about half hr after my breakfast

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    Well I have tried the clean eating thing, but with crappy results.
    That means your plan of attack was whacked from jumpstreet.

I.E., it sucked from square root 1, the beginning, dead before you started, etc.

How sh*t food will all of a sudden lend massive lean quality gains is news to me.

~SC~

Ive explored the option of eating clean but it doesnt get me anywhere and this approach seems to be working. I do plan on doing more cv though to keep the crap off my hips

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    WOW I wish I could eat pizza and drink beer and get good solid lean muscle. I would win Mr. Olympia if that was the case.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    Ive explored the option of eating clean but it doesnt get me anywhere and this approach seems to be working. I do plan on doing more cv though to keep the crap off my hips
    Read what Swole wrote.

You can't build a strong physique on twinkies, it can't be done. Period.

Any other questions?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I can almost bet that this is his issue.

Junk/crap food is calorically dense. We know that.

He just hasn't come up with a plan of attack that includes just as many kcals as sh*t food, but in the form of CLEAN muscle building/physique friendly food. (Healthy fats, clean complex carbs, protein, etc) It's more of a challenge to find a way to do this, however the positives (externally but INTERNALLY more-so) highly outweigh the negatives as time goes on.

You can create a plan that offers as many overall kcals as a sh*t food diet would, but it takes more discipline and planning than merely cruisin' up to a drive through window.

~SC~

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I can almost bet that this is his issue.

Junk/crap food is calorically dense. We know that.

He just hasn't come up with a plan of attack that includes just as many kcals as sh*t food, but in the form of CLEAN muscle building/physique friendly food. (Healthy fats, clean complex carbs, protein, etc) It's more of a challenge to find a way to do this, however the positives (externally but INTERNALLY more-so) highly outweigh the negatives as time goes on.

You can create a plan that offers as many overall kcals as a sh*t food diet would, but it takes more discipline and planning than merely cruisin' up to a drive through window.

~SC~
    True that, this is what I tell the general pop when I train them. They can actually eat a higher volume of food if they ate healthy due to the calories/gram.

clubbinkid is offline Associate Member
    what say having no time foto prepare healthy foods is just an exscuse........not to get the job done

pre planing every meal is the best way to go. food shopping, cooking,and find a way to eat the meal in the right seaquence is the only way to do stay on a good plan if u really want it ull take that approach

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    if you fail to plan youre planning to fail

decadbal is offline Banned
    if u cant eat semi clean, dont waste your time and be one of the fat ppl

Yeah, I see what you are saying but if eating a certain amount of cheat food is the only way to get more calories then its the only way cos I strugle to keep down 3000 calories never mind any more to cope with the fact that i cant put weight on to save my life

TAMAN is offline New Member
    So what kind of jobs do all you have that you can plan all your meals and eat them about the same time every day? I am trying to stay as close to a healthy clean diet as I can but my job is very unpredicatable and I am not in the same office or the same city every day. It is really hard to maintain a strict program and get good results when you can't plan your meals everyday. I am sure some of you guys have the same problem so how do you stay focused and not fall off the wagon from time to time?

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TAMAN
    So what kind of jobs do all you have that you can plan all your meals and eat them about the same time every day? I am trying to stay as close to a healthy clean diet as I can but my job is very unpredicatable and I am not in the same office or the same city every day. It is really hard to maintain a strict program and get good results when you can't plan your meals everyday. I am sure some of you guys have the same problem so how do you stay focused and not fall off the wagon from time to time?
    I have flown 1.8 million miles in the last 5 years (I sh*t you not), so I know what you mean. I always have a dozen boiled eggs, protein bars, quaker's oat and protein powder in my workout bag. I eat every two hours. If you are in the states, eating is an order of magnitude easier-- sliced turkey breast, tuna, ready to drink protein shakes, etc in addition to the above.

You gotta plan you next day in the evening when you know where you will be and what your refriderator situation will be.

You can do it. Think about it.

Thread Information