specific workout for enlarging neck?

Hey guys, just curious if there is anything I can do besides trap shrugs to thicken my neck up, a trainer at my gym told me to start doing towell exersises. But I didnt ask him what he meant (he stays busy).

Just curious if anyone has any ideas, I have always had a small neck, and it pisses me off because it makes me look weird IMo, and I hate seeing people smaller, and weaker than me with 18inch necks, and mine is like 16!

Any ideas are appreciated
    Alex

sammycasper is offline Junior Member

this works great for me

try laying on your back (with either your hands palm down under your butt or a rolled towel under the small of your back and hands straight by your side) then keeping your head from touching the floor nod your head (yes) 50 times then (no) 50 times. I got stuck with a 16in neck and I was doing every crazy a** exercise under the moon and couldn't get any bigger then my boy told me to try this on the days I didn't work shoulders and in a week I was up to a 18in neck now a month later and I got a 19.5 in neck.

wow

Quote Originally Posted by sammycasper
    try laying on your back (with either your hands palm down under your butt or a rolled towel under the small of your back and hands straight by your side) then keeping your head from touching the floor nod your head (yes) 50 times then (no) 50 times. I got stuck with a 16in neck and I was doing every crazy a** exercise under the moon and couldn't get any bigger then my boy told me to try this on the days I didn't work shoulders and in a week I was up to a 18in neck now a month later and I got a 19.5 in neck.

Ok so do this every night? Thats an impressive gain, 2 inches! I never knew how small my neck was untill I was visiting the army recruiter in my town, and we taped me up for the hell of it, and I had a 15.5inch neck at first, and last time I went I had a 16inch neck!

totally sucked
    Alex

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    There is a weighted neck girdle or belt( dont know what its called) that straps on your head. Its like a weighted belt to do dips with, but for your head. My gym has one. I havent checked any places where you could buy one, but im sure there are. Increasing your neck size should come hand to hand with trap development, for me it is anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    There is a weighted neck girdle or belt( dont know what its called) that straps on your head. Its like a weighted belt to do dips with, but for your head. My gym has one. I havent checked any places where you could buy one, but im sure there are. Increasing your neck size should come hand to hand with trap development, for me it is anyways.

See thats what confuses me, I have fairly large traps, and They have been getting a lot bigger, and my neck just got .5inches bigger?

kinda confusing
    Alex

when I first started doing yes and no's I did them 4 times a week (the days I didn't work shoulders) just to get me over the hump Now I use them with my with my shoulder and Trap work outs once or twice a week.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    My neck started growing when i started doing deads.

I use to LOVE doing deads, but then I got really nervous when my friend who used the same technique as me, that was suppose to be correct style, hurt his lower back badly, something involving a discus or whatever it was, stopped him from working out for a little over a year now . I use to LOVE them though, really feel gopod when your lower back is strong

Peace
    Alex

I jsut tried the yes/no's for the first time, aand it was actually a workout almost, I mean my Neck was very tired after the last few no's

thanks for the help
    Alex

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    bridging, although they are hard on your neck.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    There are some hometown gyms that have a great tool for building neck muscles. It looks a bit odd, but it certainly works. I've only seen it at two gyms: A football helmet with a rod bolted to the top to hold weights on so you can do neck bends under resistance.

sounds good, I wish my gym had that tool, it would be nice, But hopefully these yes/no's will help, I know they dont sound like it, but you can feel it pretty good if you do enough of them.

Peace
    Alex

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasAlex
    See thats what confuses me, I have fairly large traps, and They have been getting a lot bigger, and my neck just got .5inches bigger?

kinda confusing
    Alex

They're 2 different muscle groups so your neck wont necessarily grow with your traps. The muscle group you want to hit is your sternocleidomastoid, which you can do with a neck harness attached to a low cable pulley. There's a variety of exercises you can do with that, working at different angles.

mitch911 is offline Member
    check out simple stores like champs or sportscheck its basically a headset which has straps and u can attach weights to hang from it and then you just do simple head nods..I have seen them both in these 2 stores before

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    There are some hometown gyms that have a great tool for building neck muscles. It looks a bit odd, but it certainly works. I've only seen it at two gyms: A football helmet with a rod bolted to the top to hold weights on so you can do neck bends under resistance.
    they have one of those here, except its just a small pad where you place your forhead and the sear rotates so you can work front back side/side.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

Are you seriously asking me to believe you gained 3.5 inches in your neck in one month?.

About gaining inches on your neck, how long are you training and what age are you?.

I am 25 and I have only been training seriously about 6 months. (on and off 7 years). I couldn't believe it either but some things just stimulate different people different ways. In those first 6 months I was doing all the normal neck and trap exercises and I wasn't gaining any size just deffanition (sp?)then my boy told me to try yes/no's and it must have been the stimulation from the change in routine and my neck just blew up. real time it was more like 1 and 1/2 months

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I am 25 and I have only been training seriously about 6 months. (on and off 7 years). I couldn't believe it either but some things just stimulate different people different ways. In those first 6 months I was doing all the normal neck and trap exercises and I wasn't gaining any size just deffanition (sp?)then my boy told me to try yes/no's and it must have been the stimulation from the change in routine and my neck just blew up. real time it was more like 1 and 1/2 months
    Well I won't call you a lier, but WOW. We used to do neck rolls etc years ago, I think some MMA club still do them, but it was found that the 'wear and tear' on the neck was too great so their pretty much frowned upon these days. I'm probably luck in the I've never had a problem with neck size, mine has always been pretty thick, even as a teen.

Mr.Magoo is offline Junior Member
    Ever since my 5 week of test & deca I look like a buck in full rut. My neck is so big I can hardly button my collars on my shirts.

Thread Information