dumbells101 is offline Senior Member

Serious Cyclists

How about some feedback on off season indoor training. Anyone use an indoor traininer for cycling, and what kind of program do you follow, where did you get it?

gorilla is offline Associate Member
    yeah I have a mag trainer I got through SUPERGO.com its a bike shop based out of california. And the prices are unbeatable. The one I got was $130 but they have mag trainers as low as $79. as far as what I do?? on of days from the gym I hop on and do 30-40 minutes of AM cardio on it keeping my heart rate high and making sure to put a few sprints in there as well. I train for sprint tri's so my routine may not be as intense as you may want yours to be. The only anoying part of a trainer is that you cant keep track of your speed b/c your front tire is fixed!!! hope that helped write back if you need more info.

Thanks Bro, I appreciate it.

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    XBiker?

Try spin class. There is no equal, with the expection of off-road bicycle racing. IMO, mountain bike racing is one of the roughest, toughest things you can do to your body.

You may of heard of this guy by the name of Lance Armstrong?

Tour de France winner 3 times, an elite athlete.

Lance did not even finish his first mountain bike race....

D.N.F

Thanks. I'll pass that on. OH Lance Who? lol

fastman is offline New Member
    Lots of good ones out there. If you really want to get something for a serious work I like the Computrainer that you hook up to the computer and does all sorts of power work, pedaling analysis different courses and the like. On the pricey side though. Volare also makes a good variety. Go to any bike store and they can set you up with something.

Mountain biking? Why has no Mtn biker ever become a even a decent Euro pro while lots of roadies have gone on to become good mountain bikers.

Thread Information