clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

Help, achilles tendon pain!

I've been doing an hour or cardio every morning for the past 2 weeks. A lot has happened in those two weeks, here's the timeline:

1) Massive calf and shin pain (especially on my right side) just from walking. Jogging made it almost unbearable.
    2) The calf/shin pain disappeared after I got some Aesic Gels (for $25 =), but I started to get slight pain my right achilles tendon.
    3) Pain quickly disappeared from my right achilles tendon and appeared in my left achilles tendon. It is much worse on my left side and hasn't gone away (the achilles tendon pain on the right side went away after a few days).

What is this? When will it go away? Its starting to hurt really badly, especially when I point my toes. My cardio isn't even that intense. I do a brisk walk to a track (1/2 mile), then do 2+ miles, running the straights, walking the curves, then walk back home (another 1/2 mile).

Thanks for the input.

Husker1 is offline New Member
    You need to ease into it more. Take a week off, then start with 20 minute walks and work up to an hour. Your body is telling you that it can't go from no walking to an hour a day without easing into it. Also, I would recommend icing your Achilles after every cardio workout. Works wonders.

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    try getting some new shoes (if asics gels are just insoles)

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Get some good running shoes and limit your cardio to three times per week, 45 min. or so! Hopefully everything will be okay, keep us updated on your statis bro.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    The Asics Gels are actual shoes. They helped a lot. Guess is pretty unanimous...I should cut back on the cardio and easy into it. Thanks for the replies.

I'm just full of injuries. I hurt my wrist really bad today doing seated dumbell presses. This is much worse than the foot thing...=(

Thread Information