One Pec Lagging..

People have told me this is something common when you begin working out, but I'm no longer a beginner and the problem is still there. Would it hurt to do some extra isolations for that one pec? I saw Jay Cutler doing one armed dumbbell presses but I find it hard to balance yourself on the bench and concentrate on the contraction at the same time. What can I do?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I see nothing wrong with isolation execises for that side. The pecs is one straited type muscle so its all worked during pressing movements. But you can hit at different angles and do some iso-tension techniques for that one side. Squezz & hold/contract by activating the muscle itself and using your hand to push from the outer pec towards the inner. I do these all the time and you get some strange looks in the gym but the extra blood flow is what its all about. Works for me and my chest is my best feature. Be carefull about performing one single db presses as you can injure yourself trying to balance and using auxcillary muscles escpecially if you are going heavy. Cable movements are great imo to help you. Good luck

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    What do you mean your no longer a beginner?.

Thread Information