sooners04 is offline Senior Member

Benching more than I squat.

I weigh 195lbs and I bench 285 6x and can only squat 250 6x. I mix up my routines every 4 weeks from 3 heavy sets of 6 to 10-8-6 increasing weight. I do leg curls, extensions, presses and squats. I don't do all of them everytime but I do mix them up. Anything else I can do to get my legs to catch up?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Use them in prioritized training, and skip the extensions. Use regular squats parallel, hacks, and stiff leg deads.

~SC~

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    check out the westside barbell routine

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    I weigh 195lbs and I bench 285 6x and can only squat 250 6x. I mix up my routines every 4 weeks from 3 heavy sets of 6 to 10-8-6 increasing weight. I do leg curls, extensions, presses and squats. I don't do all of them everytime but I do mix them up. Anything else I can do to get my legs to catch up?
    Legs have a lot of muscle, it takes tons of sets to fatique them. Squat 'til you drop. Then do leg curls. Next week squat till you drop then do leg curls. Basic and effective

Look up big o legs work outs and you will get an idea of the intensity. I do six sets of squats, then six hack to failure (safer to spot), then curls 6-10 sets with three to failure.

You will know when your intensity is right, because you won't be able to walk... we have all been there and love it!

Dial up the intensity.

decadbal is offline Banned
    gotta agree wit sc

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I would put legs on your first training day. You will be the most recovered and can literally pound the living hell out of them.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    He may also want to throw in some heavy partials on the power rack every other week or every 3rd week. Use 110% of your 1RM every other week or maybe 120% every 3rd week. I like partials, they really shock your muscles and prime your body for heavier loads.

Thread Information