bigguy20 is offline Associate Member

new mass building routine??

ok im kinda getting tired of my 5 day training routine of monday chest, tuesday back, wednesday bi and tri, thursday shoulders, friday legs..
    ive been doing it for about 6 months now and ive grown but not like i wanna, im also eating big and consuming all the protien i need in a day.
    i started a sust eq and prop cycle a month ago and have gained about 5-6 pounds so far. ive decided to go with a new routine that many might disagree with but im looking to gain strictly mass and use all compound movements.. heres what it looks like.
    monday (heavy compound movements)
    barbell bench presses (warm up with light weight,then 6 reps for three sets with as much weight as possible)
    deadlifts (same idea as bench)
    shoulder presses (same)
    barbell curls (same)

wednesday (light, no compound movements)
    calves (standing,seated 3 sets each)
    forearms inner and outer (same)
    abs
    maybe some cable reverse curls to hit some tris lightly
    hammer curls

friday (HEAVY COMPOUND MOVEMENTS)
    squats (3 sets of 6 with as much weight as possible)
    bent over rows (same as squats)
    close grip bench presses (for tris) (same as squats and rows)
    shoulder shrugs(same)
    what do u guys think??

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    I wouldn't do that personally... that's a lot of work in one day and I dont think you'll be putting maximum effort into all lifts doing it like that

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    You're also not getting enough work per body part.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    You're also not getting enough work per body part.
    i wouldnt exaclty say that, its been proven that with enough intensity the can be stimulated enough to promote growth from one working set!

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    True, but the problem is most people dont know how to put the amount of intensity necessary into 1 working set. They use this routine out of sheer laziness, thinking its going to actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    True, but the problem is most people dont know how to put the amount of intensity necessary into 1 working set. They use this routine out of sheer laziness, thinking its going to actually work.
    very true! i guess that is what separates the serious lifter to the recreational lifter! intensity that is!

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    I usually switch routines after 4 weeks. 6 months would get old.

what your not seeing is that all the workouts are compound movements and trust me i do put enough intensity into all of them. you have to remember that if your doing squats and deads those two workouts alone incorporate the whole body, and its not out of laziness that im doing this routine..... i can be like most poeple then that say they work out hard 5 times a week 2 hours a day but what kinda workouts are done in those 2 hours?? exactly!! yeah i can do that too using smith machines and cables all day doing pussy workouts. try doing that 5 times a week with deadlifts and heavy squats nobody can do that so thats why i see 3 times a week going extremely hard to failure will help my growth... anyways is there any other mass building routines thatll stimulate better growth? if so post them.
    thanks

oh and by the way this was the first week ive started this routine and just after the first workout ive never felt my back and shoulders hurt so much. and i used to work out 5 days a week just like everyone else says, but i simply find that the focus just isnt there and im doing half-assed workouts each time with that old 5 day routine.

i like only one working set maybe 2 exercises with like 3-5 reps! going very heavy works great for me and im an extremely hard gainer! but thats just me!

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crosby7117
    i wouldnt exaclty say that, its been proven that with enough intensity the can be stimulated enough to promote growth from one working set!
    It is also proven that multiple sets are superior to single sets.

i guess its all in who uses the routine... ill try it and see what happens , the worst thatll happen is i wont grow off it, but ist bodybuilding all about trial and error to see what happens to each ones body??ill keep u posted on how it goes i guess, i mean i was very scepticle on it at first too but im willing to push as far as possibe with my workout routine as far as gaining mass so well see what happens i guess.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    when i am on a cycle i usually hit every body part twice a week just because i seem to recover so much faster and has worked every time

Thread Information