pappynut is offline New Member

bicep length and width

hey guys been lifting for a few years now, for the most part i have made incredible gains in strength and mass. My arms lag behind quit a bit though. I think i might have to do with my long body frame and wing spand. I am 6'5 and i would say my wing spand is around 6'9. here is my bi's workout i've been doing the last couple weeks
    barbell curls.......3*10,8,6
    incline db curls......3* 10,8,6
    preacher curls .......3* 10,8,6
    cable curls......3*10,10,10

My tri's are not as bad they are pretty strong and noticable it just seems like my bi's wont grow with the rest of my body and i dont overtrain them either. Let me know if any of you other tall bros' might be able to help me out...

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I would suggest trying supersets between tri's & bi's for a few months.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    do biceps twice a week and lift heavy as u can

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    i don't know if you have tried this but..... 6sets for bi's is plenty!! hit em hard and heavy and watch them grow! works wonders

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yup. If I tried 12 sets w/all out intensity, I'd never make it past the 6th set.

~SC~

pappynut is offline New Member
    So you guys believe it is better to do 6 heavy working sets twice a week compared to longer workouts once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Yup. If I tried 12 sets w/all out intensity, I'd never make it past the 6th set.

~SC~

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    too be honest.. you bi's get killed during back especially if you have dead lifts and bent over barbell rows in your routine.. just give it a try at 6 sets ONCE a week!.. My arms stopped growing as I was doing like 16 sets. I have been forced to take about two months off because of tendon injuries.. and My arms have actually GROWN in the time off. I know when I do 6 sets they grow because they can properly recover.. its not a big muscle its a secondary!

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Sup bro Bis can be MOfo sometimes what i do is on MOnday when i work my Chest and Tris i will do 1 and only 1 Bicep workout normal a dumbell routine than when back day comes around i will 3-4 workouts for them after working back this seems to work for me the best just change it up add or drop weight make sure you get the full exstension when you work them.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by pappynut
    hey guys been lifting for a few years now, for the most part i have made incredible gains in strength and mass. My arms lag behind quit a bit though. I think i might have to do with my long body frame and wing spand. I am 6'5 and i would say my wing spand is around 6'9. here is my bi's workout i've been doing the last couple weeks
    barbell curls.......3*10,8,6
    incline db curls......3* 10,8,6
    preacher curls .......3* 10,8,6
    cable curls......3*10,10,10

My tri's are not as bad they are pretty strong and noticable it just seems like my bi's wont grow with the rest of my body and i dont overtrain them either. Let me know if any of you other tall bros' might be able to help me out...
    i would day you are doing the right stuff. my advice, drop the cables, they are not going to do what the b.b curl wont do for you. drop a set off each exercise, so you have 2 per exercise. you might want to consider doing 1 set of preachers followed by 1 set of hammer curls. their, you still have 6 sets and 2 sets targeting that short head. i had success with that routine when i did my volume stuff as a i now doing dc

then down the road, when your gains slow, you gotta do somthing fun. i reccomend 3-4 sets in a drop set of 21's and finish em off with hammers. it did wonders for me. if you decide to do somthing else, just do somthing fun to shock them.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    too be honest.. you bi's get killed during back especially if you have dead lifts and bent over barbell rows in your routine.. just give it a try at 6 sets ONCE a week!.. My arms stopped growing as I was doing like 16 sets. I have been forced to take about two months off because of tendon injuries.. and My arms have actually GROWN in the time off. I know when I do 6 sets they grow because they can properly recover.. its not a big muscle its a secondary!
    I work bi's with my back and only do 4-6 sets @ 6-8 reps once a week and I have noticed good gains. Same with tri's, I work them with shoulders and only 4-6 sets and they are growing too. If you work your arms too much they will get overtrained and actually shrink. Take a look at the thread started by Bluethunder, which is actually a rewrite of SC's post regarding working the bi's.

Thread Information