Thread: leg definition

mitch911 is offline Member

leg definition

I know im no where near this point right now as im bulking, but i was just wondering. I heard that when loosing fat men tend to loose fat from their stomach first then arms then legs. is this true? I was always wondering what body fat % you have to get down to see some good definition in the legs. I know you have to get to 10% and under to see your abs but is there a certain point to see leg definition? or does it differ from person to person

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It does differ from person to person. Men usually, I use that term loosely, lose fat equally all over, and the last to go is the love handles and/or lower back fat.

~SC~

mitch911 is offline Member
    thanks, kinda different topic but what rep range should i do for legs(hypertrophy)..i read one of your posts SC and i thought it said 12-15 for legs...but in general people say 4-6..so im kinda confused on what to do. I have genetically small legs and dont want to have little chicken legs when my upper body blows up.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    You gotta do both rep ranges in a systematic way. Hypertrophy Phases are considered 8-12 reps w/ 67%-85% 1RM. Strength Phases are >85% 1RM. Strength cycles are important so you can handle more weight when you re-enter your hypertrophy cycles, thus increasing total poundage, which should cause more muscle growth. No flame against ~SC~, but the guy is a genetic freak, look at the pic! He is knowledgeable and works hard, but. . .

Trust me, it's not all genetics. I've had to work d*mn hard to get my legs to respond. I appreciate the genetic compliment, but the "but......" doesn't really apply. Even now w/my knee surgery and recovery, I'll have to work d*mn hard to get back to where I was........that will be hard work, not genetics.

I used to squat heavy/low reps, and all I got was a sore back and sore knees.

Legs are a diff. kind of muscle. They need to be encouraged w/moderate-heavy weight, and volume (higher reps) with that said weight. Mitch911, if you wish to try out a routine that has YET to fail on anyone that I have given the instruction to, you may pm me for the protocol. You have nothing to lose.

~SC~

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    No doubt, it's hard work. My point is that many people think if they do your routine, they will look like you. That is NOT the case. By your pics, there is not a question of working hard, but your appearance is few and far between. Not many will acheive it.
    That was what my "but. . ." meant.

Cool bro, thanks.

~SC~

Thread Information