Cleaner13 is offline Junior Member

Looking for opinion on keeping specific routine or changing

Hey guys

A few months ago I was on the diet forum to try and change of diet, and to compliment it SwoleCat gave me a guideline for working out

His idea was the following

Large Body Parts get 7-8 sets total
    Small body parts get 4-5 sets total
    Small body parts get 6-8 reps total per set
    Legs get 12-15 total per set

Only do a single muscle per day

Prior to this I was doing like 2 body parts per day, about the same amount of reps, and roughly 1/3 more sets, but the main difference was 2 body parts

I never gained on it(think I overworked everything) so after I got the suggestion from swole I switched over to his idea and have been happy ever since, I make alot more gains, my workouts are done sooner due to half the body parts compared to last workouts

My question is this though, Im probably gonna beging a cycle of Test-E at about 500mg total a week, 2 shots of 250 on separate days

Should I continue with how my workout is or should add more sets in since I will have AS in my blood, and theoretically be able to recover and take more...?

thanks alot guys

PS not sure if ur gonna need this but here it is

21 Years old
    5'10"
    185lbs
    11% BF
    Lifting for about 9 years total on and off (but last 3 have been totally on and made the most changes then)

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you trying to pack on mass right now?

I would say Im looking for mass overall

if I had to explain exactly what Im looking to do for my goals it would be the following

I want my chest arms and legs bigger

I want more strength in my back (mainly for deadlifts) and shoulders along with definition

I know that sounds stupid as the Test only goes one way so maybe I will get some added strength along with mass

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I like the one body part per workout idea and have done that for quite awhile but I also do 2 parts like if I am supersetting opposite muscles. IMO the problem is many wish to gain tons of mass and definition but you must have one or the other. Sure alot of good guys can eat alot and train heavy with juice and gain 30lbs in 12wks. But is there any true definition? I say no. Personally, my definition comes from years of training achieving muscle growth much slowly than the average guy. You could say its mature muscle. The cutting phase you can get some definition while hopefully minimizing mass reduction. Having said all that mumbo-jumbo I got that way mostly with higher volume training vs. very low reps/set/heavy. But I also incorporate that too. What may work for myself does not mean it will for you and this is where experimentation comes into play. Good luck.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    For large body parts I would aim for around 12-15 sets and small around 9. I would reduce the rep range too and lift heavier and aim for 4-6 on lifts.

hey thank u very much guys

I will post some results when I get the chance but I appreciate all the info

Carl

Thread Information