bc56f100 is offline New Member

Cardio, empty or just a little

Ok ive read that it is not good to do cardio just after you have done lifting. And to do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. And to drink a whey protein shake as soon as you wake up. So is it ok to drink the shake then do cardio or should I do the cardio first then have the shake? Just a little worried about the catabolic issue.
    I have a casein shake before i go to bed every night.

Thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Nothing wrong w/the correct form of cardio done on E, as long as your dietary intake addresses your goals and you know how to eat correctly the other 23 hours or so during the day to assure a positive nitrogen balance.

Diet forum has mucho info on this, try a search there.

~SC~

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    If your intensity is correct, you will not enter catabolism. As long as oxygen remains available and this depends on intensity, fat will be your dominant energy source. If your exercise at a extremely high intensity, blood glucose and glycogen stores will deplete, oxygen will not be available because the intensity is putting you in an anaerobic state, therefore fat cannot be utilized without oxygen present, the only fuel it has left is protein, which is muscle.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Yup do as I am doing.. get a heart rate monitor and keep your heart rate in the zone.. much easier to go above it then I originally thought

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    If your intensity is correct, you will not enter catabolism. As long as oxygen remains available and this depends on intensity, fat will be your dominant energy source. If your exercise at a extremely high intensity, blood glucose and glycogen stores will deplete, oxygen will not be available because the intensity is putting you in an anaerobic state, therefore fat cannot be utilized without oxygen present, the only fuel it has left is protein, which is muscle.

Platinum!

~SC~

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Hyper well said bro.

bc56f100 is offline New Member
    Preciate it guys!!

Thread Information