cwhid is offline Junior Member

puking during leg workouts---SWEET!!

Ok guys Ive just recently got back into the all out balls to the wall leg workout game. Nothing makes you feel badder than doing supersets of hacks and HEAVY leg presses while onlookers give me that "what in the hell is wrong with him" look as i turn bright freakin red and disappear to the bathroom to puke(I would do so on the gym floor or in a trash can, but its a ballys total sh!tness, and i think i might get banned if i pulled something as manly as that). The first couple times I figured it was just something I had to deal with when getting back into it, but a month later it still happens just as often-almost predictably. I know its not all that abnormal to boot during all out leg thrashings, but it certainly kills my pump and I cant go as hard the rest of the workout probably due to lack of nutrients or just the overall crappy post-puke feeling. Is there something I can change in my diet to stop the lactic acid buildup(as far as I know thats what causes the nausea), or is this something I just have to man up and deal with? any suggestions appreciated cuz I'm sure its just a matter of time before I end up puking on the next fruitcake wearing capri's in the gym(hmm....maybe thats not such a bad idea)
    thanks
    cwhids

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    i read somewhere that low blood sugar is what causes this, maybe drink gatorade while youre working out? I always feel better after i puke than before

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    As lactic acid increases, your bodies pH levels decrease. Your body is highly sensitive to changes in pH, therefore, when it senses this, your body decides to shut you down by making you sick. This is exactly ideal by no means!

Syndicate is offline Associate Member

Talking

Man, I had that happen last week I was super setting Squats, Leg presses and Hacks. after two rounds I had to sit down for a couple to catch myself. after round three and four I had emergency routes formulated. I felt great that day, althou it was hard to walk for a couple days later.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    How soon before working out do you eat?
    and WHAT do you eat?

JerzeyBoy is offline Member
    I puked a couple of times during my leg workout as well as other body parts. It's all about the honor in the struggle bro, good job.

However, In my opinion, if you could prevent throwing up, it'll be a good idea to do so. All the nutrients and vitamins you consume during the day is being thrown up, as well as all the food and protein that didn't have a chance to go where it should yet. Us as bodybuilders and powerlifters have been threw this before and even though it is worth it, and they're is honor in it, it also could be a waste, as we all know diet is most importent. Keep your suger up but not too high, perhaps a workout drink of some sort will do the job, (I
    suggest Gatoraide.) Don't ever workout on a full stomach, as well as an empty one. And last, if you feel your gonna throw up, go outside, get some fresh air or sit for a couple of minutes. Don't feel like a b*tch or anything at all man...remember: Working out hard and giving it your all is hardcore, not throwing up. You get respect because you gave it your entire all, so if you need a rest, you take one bro...leave your pride at the door. That's the only way you will truly grow. PS-If you can't prevent puking, lol go for it.

Good Luck and keep lifting like a f*cking animal...

-JB
    Last edited by JerzeyBoy; 12-10-2004 at 11:50 AM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You need to change your avatar per the request of the System Administrator.

We can always change it for you if you don't comply.

Thanks,
    ~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyBoy
    I puked a couple of times during my leg workout as well as other body parts. It's all about the honor in the struggle bro, good job.

However, In my opinion, if you could prevent throwing up, it'll be a good idea to do so. All the nutrients and vitamins you consume during the day is being thrown up, as well as all the food and protein that didn't have a chance to go where it should yet. Us as bodybuilders and powerlifters have been threw this before and even though it is worth it, and they're is honor in it, it also could be a waste, as we all know diet is most importent. Keep your suger up but not too high, perhaps a workout drink of some sort will do the job, (I
    suggest Gatoraide.) Don't ever workout on a full stomach, as well as an empty one. And last, if you feel your gonna throw up, go outside, get some fresh air or sit for a couple of minutes. Don't feel like a b*tch or anything at all man...remember: Working out hard and giving it your all is hardcore, not throwing up. You get respect because you gave it your entire all, so if you need a rest, you take one bro...leave your pride at the door. That's the only way you will truly grow. PS-If you can't prevent puking, lol go for it.

Good Luck and keep lifting like a f*cking animal...

-JB

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Proper breathing helps...

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I want to puke during a workout

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    To help minimize some lactic acid and low blood glucose levels drink a sports beverage by sipping a few gulps during the workout. Works wonders for myself.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    The other day, it was my first leg workout after getting back into the game after i was cured from this bad ass flu. i got home, took my shake, and puked it up. i immediately downed a second one and held it down. i felt so hardass. the hardass feeling i had enhanced my post workout high.

ps. it hurts like hell to puke milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    How soon before working out do you eat?
    and WHAT do you eat?
    I like to eat 45 mins to an hour before I workout. As fast as my metabolism is, by that time i dont feel that bloated post meal feeling. I usually eat a can of tuna on a couple slices of bread and a glass or two of milk with some apple sauce for desert. I was thinking that the milk could be causing it, I'll cut that out before my next leg workout and see if it helps. Also I'll give the gatorade a shot, low blood sugar/diabetes is a problem in my family, although ive never experienced it to my knowledge, so that sounds like a very possible cause of the problem.

Oh and narkissos--siiiick ass V-taper. your waist is like 1/3 the size of your lats at the thickest part. looks badass.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions

oh and syndicate i feel your pain...stairs have been hell on earth for the last 2 days. I look like im handicapped, using my arms to pull myself up step by step.

Bouncer1982 is offline Associate Member
    I've been on the verge of pukeing many of times after completeing my leg presses @ 1750 lbs for 8 reps, but when i try to get up and my legs give way from shaking it takes my mind of pukeing. but yeah sugar levels have a lot to do with it i normally take a tablespoon of dextrose and i'm fine

Syndicate is offline Associate Member
    Yea, I sit at a computer at work and everytime I have to get outta the chair, it kills. Per arnold "you grow accustomed to the pain, even begin to like it knowing that, thats the feeling of growing" - something like that.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer1982
    I've been on the verge of pukeing many of times after completeing my leg presses @ 1750 lbs for 8 reps, but when i try to get up and my legs give way from shaking it takes my mind of pukeing. but yeah sugar levels have a lot to do with it i normally take a tablespoon of dextrose and i'm fine

1750 lbs ?

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    1750 lbs ?

Yeah---D@mn!!!

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    1750 is one thing...but for 8 REPS! D@mn is right!

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    1750 is one thing...but for 8 REPS! D@mn is right!

Hope he doesnt post his squat-- i may CRY!!

Thread Information