crash187ct is offline Senior Member

Getting the "V" back, how do you do it?

I want it lol, what excersises can i do to improve the width of my back, i'm especially wanting lats...

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    i would have to say #1 chins and #2 heavy rows. also your waist has much to do with the "V taper".

agreed, a lot has to do with your waist, and heavy rows ad mass...wide grip pull ups are great for your lats, i like to keep 100% proper form and do wide grip pull ups slowly and concentrated and superset them with assisted wide grip pull ups....burns your lats like no other
    i do that one every four workouts

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    yes. wide grip, forgot to add that. also add weight if you can because i've noticed a difference in thickness of my lats when i started wearing a belt and adding weight.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i notice that when i do close grip pulldowns/pullups it works my lower lats a TON. and it helps negate the effects of a bigger waist (which is a problem for my roommate) so if that is an area of concern for you then you could incorporate that into your scheme of things. but for me... bent over BB rows, seated rows, and pulldowns along with deads on that day have really worked wonders for me.

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    sweet guys, i'll get right on it.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I saw a post by Seajackel... think it was yesterday, the thread should still be bumped in here somewhere. Anyway, he said really focus on the stretch portion and I did that yesterday and went slower and more controlled on my wide grip chins and my lats are VERY sore today. Really feel the stretch at the bottom of the movement.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Something I like to do is after im done my back excersises I like to hang from the chin up bar for as long as I can, really stretch the lats, you really need to stretch your back to make it grow.

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    Something I like to do is after im done my back excersises I like to hang from the chin up bar for as long as I can, really stretch the lats, you really need to stretch your back to make it grow.
    So true.

Thread Information