Thread: Cramps

sooners04 is offline Senior Member

Cramps

I cannot do more than one set of any type of abs without the next set immediately sending my muscle into the worst cramps ever. I thought it might be lack of water so I fixed that. Is it that they are tired or..... I also get cramps in my chest after a hard chest day. Again water or fatigue?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Cramps and muscle spasm's are more prevelant to the legs,- calf-hammies-quads- but also in the abdominal region. Loss of electrolytes (potassium/sodium ect) ,water and dehydration are some causes. Excessive inspiration & expiration can do it too I believe. Lie on your back ,hold your head high and take a deep breath hold for 8-10sec for a few times as this might help. I heard it did but I never tried it because I do not get cramps. As far as the chest cramping I do not know never heard of that before. Are you sure it is not your heart??

Syndicate is offline Associate Member
    Man today is so bad for my cramps I, sought out posts on the board... For a couple of weeks after I'm done exercising my muscles cramp like rhigimotis is setting... Not sure why but I am noticing a few on here also have them and their threads usually spiral off into something concerning valium or another muscle relaxer. Could it be taurine? Maybe Potassium, Sodium... I doubt its water as I'm assuming we all drink a crapload of water. I was sitting on the couch and my back started locking up and at about that time my abs decided it was an oppertune time to do it also, so as I tried to get up my biceps locked closed... not to great. My only counter measure was shots of water mixed with salt for a few minutes... and as off now I think its working.

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndicate
    Man today is so bad for my cramps I, sought out posts on the board... For a couple of weeks after I'm done exercising my muscles cramp like rhigimotis is setting... Not sure why but I am noticing a few on here also have them and their threads usually spiral off into something concerning valium or another muscle relaxer. Could it be taurine? Maybe Potassium, Sodium... I doubt its water as I'm assuming we all drink a crapload of water. I was sitting on the couch and my back started locking up and at about that time my abs decided it was an oppertune time to do it also, so as I tried to get up my biceps locked closed... not to great. My only counter measure was shots of water mixed with salt for a few minutes... and as off now I think its working.
    Sh!t man I would go and see a doctor, that is not normal !!!!

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Supplementing with potassium and taurine, along with ample water intake, should solve your problem.

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    chug a V8 vegetable juice drink before your workout, that stuff is loaded with electrolytes

daspaceman is offline Junior Member
    I`ve got exactly the same problem. I`ve neglected my abs, and lately i started training them... as soon as i do my second set BANG!! an exreme cramp in my upperleft abdominal.. I drink litres of water daily, did the suppliments listed above help?

Could it be because i do deadlifts before my ab work? I had the same problem when training legs/abdominals, and read somewhere that the cramp could be caused by the leg training, so i changed my routine and now i included my ab training with back.

Thanks!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Potassium is good, but many overlook a calcium/magnesium supplement (come in one tablet form) which also helps in this area.

I'd stack those 3 with plenty of water daily, and you should be straight.

~SC~

Thread Information