Thread: Arm Problems!!!

Bouncer1982 is offline Associate Member

Unhappy Arm Problems!!!

I have been traing like hell to increase my arms and shoulder size, my shoulders have just exploded but my arms remain like ckicken wings my main question is what are the best excersises to blast my tri's and bi's and should I be training them more than once a week???

any help would be appreciated guys.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Squats!

~SC~

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    maybe your overtraining them...try 6 sets for each part...thats all you need

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Once a week is sufficient. To expand on what SC said, focus on your core lifts, squats, deadlift and to a lesser extent (IMHO) bench press. The body likes to be in balance and harmony, your arms will grow in turn as your body does.
    As for good exercises. I personally like finishing with close grip benches for tris (i do them last because if i do them first i use too much chest). Try shock principles like barbell curls for 40-50 reps with what you usually rep for 12. Now sure you cant do all those reps in 1 set so try and acheive the reps in as few sets as possible. I wouldnt do it often but it can shock you into new growth if used when you reach a plateau and find nothing else is working.

But most importantly you need to just get used to see what works for you and what does not. Keep progressing the poundages and maintain your form. Your arms will grow, you just have to find what works for you.

flyguy7 is offline Associate Member
    I had the same problems, just try to focus on what these smart dudes say- keep your form and lowere your sets did it for me. But to each his own, I have bros that need to hit 15 sets for their bis, experiment and find out what works for you

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Squats!

~SC~
    Funny you said that... My workout partner and I did legs two days ago and we talked about how if you work your legs, it seems like your whole body grows faster.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by calidude
    Funny you said that... My workout partner and I did legs two days ago and we talked about how if you work your legs, it seems like your whole body grows faster.
    It does, due to the message your legs (your "core") sends to the rest of the body.

No message, no growth.

~SC~

Bouncer1982 is offline Associate Member
    thanks guys

jgg1221 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    It does, due to the message your legs (your "core") sends to the rest of the body.

No message, no growth.

~SC~
    ive heard that too... what ive heard is the essential "message" it sends increases endogenous (natural) testosterone production... now i wonder, would this have any effect while on a steroid cycle?

Thread Information