rick59 is offline New Member

cutting help!!!!

hi guys i was just wondering would it be ok to do a heavy workout while cutting? i am going to be taking xenadrine efx

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    I always go heavy

rick59 is offline New Member
    isnt there a cutting training program? heavy lifting is for bulking i thought but i like doing it much better than more reps of light wieght

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    The reasoning behind lighter weight more reps while cutting is because generally, when you cut down, you eat less carbs, which declines your energy levels, and therefore, your not able to lift as much. You can shorten your recovery time between sets and reps-to keep your heart rate up and to keep the blood pumping, and to not let your muscles fully recover before the next set. Thats the premise of the cutting training program. It definitely works if your not trying to put on muscle. But most people want to put on the muscle and at the same time get cut. Thats virtually impossibe without aas and if your taking xenadrine, you'll want to get the best benefit from it and hopefully your diet is in check. If not you're really wasting your money on fat burners. You dont have to really change your rep range, but when you cut your recovery time, you'll most likely have to go a little lighter. Try both ways to see what works for your.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    yoou can always go heavy bro, just remember you will be in a weaker state while you are cutting due to the decrease in overall calories.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Go heavy when dieting. You are in a state of calorie deficit and you do not need to go light. Going lighter=less stimulus=less response. Combining these factors in a calorie deficit is asking for catabolism. Go heavy, send a strong signal to the muscle that says, "even though I am in a negative caloric balance, I need you to stick around!"

Thread Information