Question about DEADLIFTS

Hey does anyone know a site that has a video of the proper technique?

My workout partner and I are about to start using them in our routine, just dont want to hurt ourself, any help is apreciated. I do have hte basic idea, just want it to be perfect

Thanks
    Alex

comon guys,, I really need some help

BUMP
    Alex

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Telling and showing how to do deads are very different. So I wish not to get into all the varibles as I do not know your previous training. If you do not have much experience then I do not recommend deads. I just beleive in building a bit of a foundation before going to compound closed link chain movements. Too much risk for injury. Others may disagree but I stand by my belief. If you really wish to do them buy a book or better yet get a personal trainer to get you started.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Deadlifts are probably the most important exercise to use close to perfect form on, otherwise you could do a number of things to hurt yourself, most commonly herniated vertebral discs.

ok thanks guys, and someone posted an animation of a deadlift on the other forum, so these two combined should help me out

thanks
    Alex

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Now that this thread is done, Bluethunder what is your opinion on stiff leg deads in place of standard deads?

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    well i like stiff better because I get a better stretch in my lower back. heres a good site for ya arkansasLINK

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Now that this thread is done, Bluethunder what is your opinion on stiff leg deads in place of standard deads?
    I think both are good as I do them each. Stiffs are great for my hammies much more so then regular standard deads. I also like to squeeze my glutes on stiffs which helps work the hammies tie in the glutes. I never do both the same workout though. If I do the stiff's I try to place most of my effort to the hams and standards my lower back area instead. I also do not go real heavy on both escpecially stiff's that way I can really feel the full stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    well i like stiff better because I get a better stretch in my lower back. heres a good site for ya arkansasLINK

thanks southern brother
    Alex

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/exercise1.htm

Maybe that will help you out.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    LOL, I see it's a popular site. I'm sorry I didn't notice the link above, it was kind of hidden.

Thread Information