QUESTION about deadlifts, need some help

Hey does anyone know a site that has a video of the proper technique?

My workout partner and I are about to start using them in our routine, just dont want to hurt ourself, any help is apreciated. I do have hte basic idea, just want it to be perfect

Thanks
    Alex

PS: I know I posted the same question in lifting techniques, but I need help quick.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag

Thanks bro
    Alex

Quick question again:

Should I use oppo grips, like one with palm on top, and one with palm under while doing these, that anima doesnt show

thanks
    alex

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Many people use the overhand-underhand grip. I personally use it, my lifting partner doesn't however and he goes heavy with the deads(5 plates each side.)

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasAlex
    Quick question again:

Should I use oppo grips, like one with palm on top, and one with palm under while doing these, that anima doesnt show

thanks
    alex
    I mix it up. If I go sumo, then I use an alternate grip. If I dont go sumo, then I go over/over. Thats just what feels the most comfortable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa
    I mix it up. If I go sumo, then I use an alternate grip. If I dont go sumo, then I go over/over. Thats just what feels the most comfortable for me.
    I know I should probally know but what does "sumo" mean?

And also, in that animation it looks more like a leg exersise than a lower back movement.

I just need to remember to lock my back strait up at the top of each rep right?

thanks
    Alex

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Sumo deadlift is a wider stance and a more narrow grip

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    If u don't want to hit your quads too, try some stiff leg deads but i always take the weight from the floor with a standard dead then do the remaining reps stiff leg, doing the first rep with stiff leg puts your lumbar verterbral discs in a very awkward position with alot of unnecessary stress on them as well. Biggest thing with deads is to start slow, don't go crazy with the weight until you've mastered the form of the deadlift, thats how most people hurt themselves.

did my first sets of deadlifts tonight with my back workout, just did 2 plates and 25's on each side, was pretty easy, Just went slow to try to get the technique down, I did them in sets of 12, 3 sets, at the same weight, just to try adn get use to it, next time i will try some stiff legged dead lifts

Peace
    Alex

PS: whats considered "Strong" with deadlifts, 400+?

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasAlex
    did my first sets of deadlifts tonight with my back workout, just did 2 plates and 25's on each side, was pretty easy, Just went slow to try to get the technique down, I did them in sets of 12, 3 sets, at the same weight, just to try adn get use to it, next time i will try some stiff legged dead lifts

Peace
    Alex

PS: whats considered "Strong" with deadlifts, 400+?
    anything higher than 5 plates on each side is a big DL in my book

Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    anything higher than 5 plates on each side is a big DL in my book
    Well I guess I am going to have to set my goal for 5plates and a 2 1/2 each side then huh

Here I come
    Alex

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    500lbs is very heavy. I actually accomplished that goal a month ago. It felt good-- but i know i couldnt have done 1 more pound. It was ridiculas how heavy it was. Seemed like it took a whole minute to get it up. I dont think im gonna try maxing out again for a long while. I'm not a powerlifter so im not really focused on real heavy weight, but it still makes you feel d@mn good.

Thread Information