clubbinkid is offline Associate Member

Shoulder/Rotater Cuff

Sunday i jumped on the bench as i bough the bar down i noticed sharp pain in my shoulder and i think it might be my cuff i finished the chest workout with a lil pain nuttin crazy. This Morning i have pain when the arm is put in certain
    positions took a muscle relaxor and some advil plus icing every 20 min on 20min off. My real debate is seeing great results with my training and diet at the moment and i am real upset if i miss some days in the gym. any one got any answer or have similar problems......today is monday and i have back followed by legs Tues a day off wednesday...................thanx

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Did you warm-up? It may be just a slight muscle pull, or something more severe. If advil pretty much takes away most/all of the pain, my guess is that it's just a slight strain. May wish to get it checked out however if it continues, as the shoulder joint is pretty complex and can cause all kinds of future issues if not addressed.

~SC~

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by clubbinkid
    Sunday i jumped on the bench as i bough the bar down i noticed sharp pain in my shoulder and i think it might be my cuff i finished the chest workout with a lil pain nuttin crazy. This Morning i have pain when the arm is put in certain
    positions took a muscle relaxor and some advil plus icing every 20 min on 20min off. My real debate is seeing great results with my training and diet at the moment and i am real upset if i miss some days in the gym. any one got any answer or have similar problems......today is monday and i have back followed by legs Tues a day off wednesday...................thanx
    I got a simmilar pain in my shoulder a while back. i ignored it and worked through it. My lifts kept on going up and everything except the pain was great. Then my shoulder just started to hurt all the time and my lifts started to drop. If i were you id stop taking the painkiller and rest it till its no lnoger sore. If it then hurts after your next workout take a look at what youre doing and either modify your workout so you no longer aggrovate your shoulder or go to the doc. It took me 6 months for my shoulder to heal as i kept ignoring the pain. I found that upright rows and barbell shoulder presses were the cause of my pain. I dont do them anymore and my shoulders are rarely sore (in a debilitating painful way).

thanx good ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    I got a simmilar pain in my shoulder a while back. i ignored it and worked through it. My lifts kept on going up and everything except the pain was great. Then my shoulder just started to hurt all the time and my lifts started to drop. If i were you id stop taking the painkiller and rest it till its no lnoger sore. If it then hurts after your next workout take a look at what youre doing and either modify your workout so you no longer aggrovate your shoulder or go to the doc. It took me 6 months for my shoulder to heal as i kept ignoring the pain. I found that upright rows and barbell shoulder presses were the cause of my pain. I dont do them anymore and my shoulders are rarely sore (in a debilitating painful way).
    today i will go thru with my back workout and c how it goes try to deal with the pain but also not agrevate the muscle.................knowing that i have legs tues followed by a day off wed will give 2 days of my upper body not really being strained

From just sitting here thinking i feel my muscle was strained when pumping a decent amount of weight for me on arnold presses(the turn in i remeber was a lil strenous) last thursday on shoulder prob really strained and then with a full chest workout yesterday tore it up. that friday did bi's tri's and forearms and on that workout dont fill that my shoulder and cuff were really involved too much.

so ill prb takes some advils hour b4 workout and c how i feel 4 my shoulder workout on thursday

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Describe the position that hurts to keep your arm in. Its hard to say exactly what it is or could possibly be, as there are 4 muscles in your rotator cuff, not just on like most people think. The position that hurts would probably be the key to figuring out whats wrong. BTW, supraspinatus, infraspinatus, teres minor and subscapularis are the rotator cuff muscles.

nsa thnx

well the 2 positions realy the pain comes from is were if i was to do a pitchers motion or u can say throw a ball. if i were to do bench press when the bar hit my chest that causes some discomfort also reching high

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Because of the complexity of the shoulders it is the most common prone to injury followed by back & knees. We can only guess what it may be. If it is not too painfull just rest it for a few weeks as time will heel it. If you continue to push thru the pain it will become worse and then the lay off will be much greater. If it still bothers you seek some help to diagnosis it. Just curious you said you just jumped on the bench, does that mean your form was screwy and too much weight? Did you pre-exhaust you chest proir? If your grip was too wide that will do it..

Thunder

Warmed Up Form Was Good Stretched Out From Th Fist Repetiotn The Pain Started I Think The Muscle Was Alredy Strained But Id Dint No It Then The Position Of The Bench Press Made It Worse To Strain That I Could Feel

Will Work Out Today Lite Keepin The Ice On It And Advil Handy The Next 2day Are Legs And A Offday Im Hopin Those Days Of Rest Will Give Some Recup

Thread Information