Thread: starting legs

TUnit is offline Associate Member

starting legs

I was talking to a friend today at the gym and he was telling me about a little about legs. Now I usually never workout my legs(cause i have bad knees), like maybe once a month and when I do I dont work them out that hard. But the last few weeks I have been noticing my upper body is getting to big for my lower body. He told me tho if I start working out my legs I will probably put on some good weight. Is this true, would I be able to maybe put on like 10-15lbs in a few months if I started training them like once a week along with a good diet.
    thanks bros

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TUnit
    I was talking to a friend today at the gym and he was telling me about a little about legs. Now I usually never workout my legs(cause i have bad knees), like maybe once a month and when I do I dont work them out that hard. But the last few weeks I have been noticing my upper body is getting to big for my lower body. He told me tho if I start working out my legs I will probably put on some good weight. Is this true, would I be able to maybe put on like 10-15lbs in a few months if I started training them like once a week along with a good diet.
    thanks bros
    I think training legs is the most important body part to train. Your friend is right, you can put on a lot of lbs if you train legs. Not just on your lower body, but your upper body as well. Diet is always the key factor to how much you'll grow though.
    (You might want to delete your duplicate posts BTW)

TUnit is offline Associate Member
    yeah sorry, my computer if messed up and it decided to put like 10 of them up. how do you delete them

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TUnit
    thanks bros

You will never have a complete body if you dont train legs. You'll be one of those guys who have to wear pants in the summer cause he looks so deformed with a well built upper body and chicken legs and thighs. Dont be that guy!!! Working out your legs sends a message to the rest of your body to grow. You will definitely gain weight. Dont know if you can gain as much as you want in that amount of time. If your diet is on point then maybe.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I too have bad knees from martial arts I took for 5 years as well as a deformed lower spinal column vertebrae (I have a extra half!) so you just need to be smarter. 15lbs in 2 months of LBM is not going to happen. Sure you will get something but realize after you start you should be very sore for quite a few days after. So if you work out legs once a week that is 8 times only in 2 months time frame. Admittingly my legs are my worse bodypart bar none. I do not do heavy squats but much heavier on presses but my legs are very strong with what I do.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Working legs will help you acheive your goals. Squatting for example, ellicits an endocrine response. Your endocrine system releases GH and test, both are anabolic hormones. So yes, train your legs and you as a whole, will be better off!

theleg is offline New Member
    I myself have bad knee's, acl surgury, so when I returned to legs I did leg press and hack squats, legs have come up nice. But if you ever want to compete, squats are king, I still can't get the size back I had when I squated.

Thread Information