HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

overtraining a specific muscle group

i've been reseaching alot about overtraining and pretty much every read and study shows that it is very difficult to overtrain a specific bodypart and thats its the CNS to go well before the body! since i've stopped juicin i've kind of loss the roundness to my shoulders now they're still round but i dont have the super round cannon ball look anymore! what my question is if do a set of later flyes after each workout(my workouts are very low volume but high intensity) would this spark new grow??? for example have you ever seen the shoulders on olympic gymnastic guys they're very cut and round and they train like everyday practising they're routines! just curious if this is possible?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    CNS is involved no matter what state you are in. Not sure what you mean by later flyes but will assume you mean side lateral raises. After your cycle you would loose some water therefore fullness/roundness you speak of, so nothing new there. I would suggest for laterals drop your weight and increase volume. Go for the pumping action to engorge the shoulder area. Do front,side & rear but if your looking for the wider look just concentrate on the side laterals which hits the medial head more. In addition , add some static/isometric movements which will increase the intensity a bit. If you need more thickness try adding seated front bb raises on a 70* angle. They are one of the best for hitting the anterior head which has more stresses at the beginning vs. standing db front raises and also involves less traps in the movement. Keep a slight bend in the elbows & hold the contraction on the top for 1 second avoiding using momentum/ swinging. Use only a bar if you have to as cheating in this exercise totally defeats its effectiveness, leave your ego for benching...

i personally think that any kind of front raises are a waste of time becuase of how much you're already working them from shoulder press and bench movements!

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crosby7117
    i personally think that any kind of front raises are a waste of time becuase of how much you're already working them from shoulder press and bench movements!

True if it responds good enough from those exercises. Do comparisons of your front, side, and back delts in the mirror to see if one doesnt outshine the other. Formulate a routine accordingly. I dont believe your side delts could ever be too big, but your front and rear delts need to be symmetrical.

Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    True if it responds good enough from those exercises. Do comparisons of your front, side, and back delts in the mirror to see if one doesnt outshine the other. Formulate a routine accordingly. I dont believe your side delts could ever be too big, but your front and rear delts need to be symmetrical.
    i agree! do you think that this type of training will spark some new growth?

Thread Information