Da Underboss is offline New Member

Cardio, Sit-Up, Pushups

Hey Bros:

I'm getting back into everything serious again after taking it easy for two months. I basicly do 30min cardio in the morning, varies stair climber, bike, swimming.. I was thinking about adding say 250pushup, 250 situp, and some other moving your own weight movements, trying to get up to 500 pushups everyday. I was wondering what u guys thought about this, the reason I was thinking about this is that a budy of mine in the military and I were chatting and he said that he can move more weight as he built his endurance up doing calestetics, what you guys think about this??

Da Underboss is offline New Member
    Oh, my goals are to put muscle mass on if it happens, which it will after a 2 month break, but to really start cutting up slowly. I put some fat on during my break so the cardio should help with that, lifting the evenings should help with the muscles

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Doing 500 push ups a day will certainly increase muscle endurance and muscle strength. Push ups are a great overall conditioning exercise and a great way to get in shape. But to pack on serious muscle mass, you are going to have to lift weights. I wouldn't suggest doing both either, b/c each one will inhibit the other. But it really depends on what your specific goals are.

Thread Information