Gearnow is offline Junior Member

Unhappy rotary cuff injury again

under my right armpit is hurting . im going to have to rest for a couple of days now. this gets me real mad when i get injured like this...i feel like a weakling. i don't even think im lifting that heavy, is it my form that's giving me injuries??

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    bad form could be a good possibility
    even a little twist, bend , or off centerness in your body could get you an injury

about 7 years ago i was squatting nothing heavy mind you about
    135lbs on my way back up i leaned foward slightly and felt a pop
    in my hip after a few days it got real painful so i went to the doc
    and he could not find anything wrong(go figure). my lower back is still messed up to this day but its not as bad as it was(when i use to sneeze i would fall down cause my legs would give out) , im just alot more careful now. all of that from just leaning foward a little bit.

i just did back yesterday and today under armpit it's hurting painfully. shit i had this happen before but this time it feels worse. i should rest today and do legs today and rest tommorrow than hit up chest in 2 days i think. it's hurting even a slight touch of my armpit.

it's swollen

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Bro,

are you sure its your rotator cuff? If it was the cuff it'd hurt just behind your shoulder joint...??

Good test:

Raise your arm so that it is pointing out to your side, arm parallel to the floor. Bend your elbow so that your arm makes an 'L' shape and your forearm is pointing forwards.

Now rotate your forearm upwards until it is pointing to the ceiling, keep your elbow in the same position (upper arm still parallel to the ground). If this action hurts then it could well be your rotator cuff.

To help prevent rotator cuff injury do a couple sets of this action *(both arms!) with 2 or 3 pound dumbells during your warmup for every workout. People will think you are crazy and don't know how to do side raises but never mind!!

def

defintely sounds bad - how did it happen??

i do not know. Yesterday when i was working out i was fine. I didn't feel anything hurting or snapping or cracking. i got up this morning felt something hurting under my armpits. i raised my arm and touch it and it hurt!! also it's swollen compare to my left armpit. last time i had this problem, i had people telling me that this was a rotary cuff problem and i should rest.

this happened twice now. should i lower the weights and try to keep a better form?? i mean last time it wasn't as severe but i feel like i need to rest for a couple of days.

Do the movement I said - does it hurt to do that especially?

def

it hurts when my arm is parrel with L shape with my forearm forward. but it doesn't hurt when i move it up.

Very strange. Grap something immoveable and try and pull it towards you (i.e. contract the lat) - does this hurt?

Try different movements to see if any muscle is pulled or if it's just some sort of odd swelling. Maybe you should go see a doc bro?

def

Thread Information