briansauras is offline Senior Member

Critique my routine

this is my back routine

4x Pull-Down
    3x Close Grip Pull-Down
    4x Close Grip Rows
    3x Wide Grip Rows
    4x Single DB Rows

Since Im coming off of a shoulder injurying, Im trying to deside if doing cable rows then machine rows would be to much ( since im going to use machines for awhile to get my strength back)

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    That seems like a boatload of work for 1 workout. I'd actually split that into two back workouts, as if you trained w/maximum intensity it'd be hard to do all of those sets/reps.

Just my opinion though. You have some of the same movements repeated over and over again, and those are best split into different workouts.

~SC~

briansauras is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    That seems like a boatload of work for 1 workout. I'd actually split that into two back workouts, as if you trained w/maximum intensity it'd be hard to do all of those sets/reps.

Just my opinion though. You have some of the same movements repeated over and over again, and those are best split into different workouts.

~SC~
    which ones?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    All of the rows.

It's the same movement, just a diff. variance in grip. Your muscles really don't understand that variance of the grip change in the same workout, so I'd alternate grip changes from workout to workout. Just a preference, but I'd over-train doing the same movements like that. It's like doing flat b-bell bench, the going and hitting flat d-bell bench presses, then going to the seated flat hammer press and doing that.........way too much of the same shiznit.

~SC~

Thread Information