GrdLock is offline Junior Member

Is this routine bad?

Day 1: Chest, legs, abs
    Day 2: Biceps, triceps, forearms
    Day 3: Back, shoulders

Is this a bad combination? Some people have said that doing bi's and tri's the same day isn't a good idea. I'm on a cycle of enanthate right now, and I'm really not seeing the gains I want, and I have a feeling that it's due to my training improperly. I'll workout usually 5 days a week.

Also, I've gone to doing 4 sets of 10 on each exercise. I work each exercise until failure. Some have said 10 reps is good, some have said I should do heavier with 6 reps. Thing is, all last year I was doing 6 reps, and I feel like I'm getting a much better workout doing 10 reps now.

If anyone has any suggestions to improve my workout I'd appreciate it, I wanna get my money's worth of juice.

Oh, I'm 21 years old, 165 pounds, low body fat, been lifting for about 2 years, and my main goal is to gain as much muscle mass as possible.
    Last edited by GrdLock; 12-19-2004 at 07:56 PM.

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    A few more things to consider---- DIET and RECOVERY??? Those should be in check already. I dont like your split at all. Are you working out on mon. tues. and wed. and taking 4 days off in between? If so thats probably the problem-- your muscles arent getting stimulated enough. Try a 4 day split. MON, TUE, THURS, FRI. Do a large body part every w/o.
    Mon- chest, bis, forearm
    Tues- legs
    Thurs- shoulders, tris
    Fri-- back, calves

If you want a 5 day workout, doing only one bodypart per day=
    Mon-- chest
    Tue-- legs
    Wed--shoulders
    Thurs- back
    Fri--- arms
    What you need to remember is that the aas will help speed recover, giving you less time needed between workouts.

GrdLock is offline Junior Member
    I was looking at the workout from http://www.steroid.com/workout.php

Day 1: chest/bi's
    skip day
    Day 3: thighs
    skip day
    Day 5: shoulder, tri's
    skip day
    Day 7: back, calves
    skip day

Thing is, it's spread so far apart, an 8 day workout plan. So the first day when you do chest/bi's, it's 8 days before you work them out again. Especially when you're on anabolics, that just seems like a lot of time in between working each muscle group. However, whoever wrote that probably knows more then me, so is that a good workout plan?

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    My advice would be too try them all. You dont know what will work for you until you try it. I would stick to one routine for 2 months then switch, just to see how your body responds. I generally stick with my 4 day split, but every 3 or 4 months i'll switch things up a bit. I personally dont like taking off every other day, but you may.

Thread Information