Thread: Losing...

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member

Unhappy Losing...

Bros-

I am dropping weight, and fast. In the past month, I've went down to 182 from 195+. It's like I have no desire to eat. I'll eat two meals a day and that's about it, with no snacking going on at all. I'm glad in a way because I do have some extra fat I want to lose, but I'm worried that I'm losing lean mass as well. I go to the gym religiously, 3 times a week, so I know it can't be because I've quit working out. It's just the damn not eating. I just get full after a meal and don't get hungry again until much later. (Maybe I'm in love ) But seriously, has anyone else had this sort of problem? I mean 13 pounds in about one month cannot be healthy. Thanks.

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Are you coming off a cycle bro? I know this would probably be the last solution on your list, but if you smoked some weed you defintily would not have this problem.

On a different note, did you go the St. Paddy's day parade in NO?

Nah, I didn't make it out for St. Patrick's day, I was with my gf in Baton Rouge. Wish I could have though... I've lived here my whole life and have never went to one.
    About the cycling, I've never cycled yet, I plan to later this year. I'm not the type to do drugs, I have too much at stake college/career wise. But hell, my roomate is a pothead and he gets the munchies like a muthafucka. Wish I could eat like that. He's 5'9 120, I'm 6'0 182, and he eats way more than I do in a day. I just don't understand it.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    OVER TRAINING sounds about right to me

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by bexsome
    OVER TRAINING sounds about right to me
    yep i would have to agree..take a couple of days off...recoop get some good rest...force feed a little..maybe start taking an extra meal replacement shake a day....and get back in there and let us know.

that is a lot of weight to lose if you are all natural and not coming off a cycle or not dieting to cut up in a matter of a month..you have lost some lean body mass....but don't worry...get back on track..it is all a part of the game.

good luck

Thanks for the help, guys. I'll take a few days off and see how it works.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Bro if your in school and work. It might be stress. Maybe everything is getting to you. A couple days off and relax alittle might do you some good. JMO
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    I have appitite problems sometimes. For me I just fix my favorite meals and force myself to eat until I feel nauseas. If you eat less and less, your stomach will actually shrink, and it will make it even more difficult. Thats why a lot of really big people have trouble slimming down. They were eating too large of helpings for so long that their stomach stretched.

What I would do is eat all day long. Even if all you can get your hands on is water, just keep making your stomach do some work. I find that if I eat breakfast, I'll eat more for lunch. Don't just eat when hungry, put yourself on a schedule too. Tell yourself - ok today I am going to eat every 3 hours. Even if you can't fit that much, just keep doing it, after a couple of days, your appitate will come back.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I don't know abut you guys, but the harder I train, the less appetite I have! When I am on a cycle (like now) and I am training hard (but definitely not over-training), I just don't have an appetite. If I am a lazy sack of potatoes, I am starving all the time...

I guess I have just learned to go against my instinct and force feed myself when I am working out hard and exercise my willpower and not eat as much when I am not working so hard.

What also helps me is to have lots of food I like around the house when I want to bulk up; not necessarily junk food, but just good, healthy food. Same idea works with dieting: I keep healthy but not so tempting food around (carrots, fruits, whole-wheat bread etc.) so I am not tempted to eat a lot.

Thread Information