Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Traps Help needed....

I have recently noticed when looking at my traps that my right side is much bigger than my left. I am right handed and i know this plays a role in this abnormality.

It is beggining to bother me and i want to know if you guy's might have a good idea on how to get my left side up to par with my right?

Shrugs work both sides at the same time, me being right handed i am sure i pull and squeeze more wth it than my left.

Any ideas...this sucks!

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Perfect bilateral symmetry is pretty rare. My left trap has a bit more hump than my right. My right pecs have a higher cut between upper and lower than the left. My right forearm is much bigger than the left due to an old injury... my thumb extensors are not attached and so they have atrophied on that side. Another old injury keeps my lats asymmetrical. But guess what... nobody else really notices. Don't concern yourself overly with it. Training one side more than the other doesn't work as well as you would think. Increasing volume on one side gives and takes away, both, because of diminished returns when overtraining. So stop training the stronger side? No, no, no! Just train, train both sides equally, and it will either correct itself or it won't. If it doesn't, chances are you are the only person that will notice.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Perfect bilateral symmetry is pretty rare. My left trap has a bit more hump than my right. My right pecs have a higher cut between upper and lower than the left. My right forearm is much bigger than the left due to an old injury... my thumb extensors are not attached and so they have atrophied on that side. Another old injury keeps my lats asymmetrical. But guess what... nobody else really notices. Don't concern yourself overly with it. Training one side more than the other doesn't work as well as you would think. Increasing volume on one side gives and takes away, both, because of diminished returns when overtraining. So stop training the stronger side? No, no, no! Just train, train both sides equally, and it will either correct itself or it won't. If it doesn't, chances are you are the only person that will notice.
    i agree the only time someone will notice is if you stand directly infront of them and let them examine you! i wouldnt stress about it!

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I have recently noticed when looking at my traps that my right side is much bigger than my left. I am right handed and i know this plays a role in this abnormality.

It is beggining to bother me and i want to know if you guy's might have a good idea on how to get my left side up to par with my right?

Shrugs work both sides at the same time, me being right handed i am sure i pull and squeeze more wth it than my left.

Any ideas...this sucks!
    Go to all unilateral exercises if you "feel" you are pulling more w/ your dominant hand.

Thread Information