solidj55 is offline Member

Stupid question about shoulder pain...

Just asking for some opinions here. I strained or injured my shoulder about two weeks ago. Its a joint or ligament or something, I know its not muscular.
    Its the little ball that is right near the end of the trap muscle(that runs toward the front/side delt), you can also find this little ball by following your clavical(collar bone) over toward the delt. I am not good at explaining but hopefully someone can enlighten me as to what this is that is hurting, I mean what bone, ligament, etc that it could be. Any advice would be appreciated.

also if you hold your arm straight out in front of you, your delt makes a sort of U shape, well this little ball is almost right in the middle of the U(not actually within the delt, its on the back part of the U, kinda like this C <-----)

Also, forgot the add that there is not pain lifting overhead, some pain doing pushups or bench press type motions, tried some light front raises to loosen up, there is not pain raising the weight, but bringing it back down is where it hurts. Thats the same way I hurt it, doing kettlebell swings when the weight was coming down it felt like it was pulling shoulder out of socket. I guess I deserved it, I knew I was fatigued and my form wasnt that good and I still went on to do that...

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Checkout rotator cuff injury threads, or try a google search for it. You may have blown your rotator cuff.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well something I liketo do when I hurt myself......go to the doctor....not trying to sound like a smartass..well maybe I am, but go to the doc bro...shoulder injury isn't something to be taken litely.

Ironarms is offline Member
    anti-inflamatory and glucosimine helps me

ItalianMuscle27 is offline Senior Member
    yea, your better off going to see a doctor. I hurt my shoulder training and went to my chiropractor/muscle therapy doctor and he fixed it instantly. He basically found where the pain was at in my shoulder pressed on with his thumb very hard(boy did it hurt), then rotated my arm 360 degrees and then tendon/ligament popped back in place. I couldnt believe it. He told me to take 5 days off and youll be good to go. I did, and sure enough hasnt been back since. Im not sure if your problem is that simple, but from your posts saying you cant do pushups or bringing the weight down without it hurting, was the same problem i was having. See a doc and rest it, youll be back in the gym in no time.

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    From what you decribe as where it is, i would say it's the acromial-clavicular ligament (sp). This is only based on what you said on where it is and NOT on what you said about the pushups and dumbell raises. Although those are consistent, i don't wanna give you a definate answer cuz no one here really knows without seeing you in person and doing functional tests. You should go to a doctor if it a week of rest doesnt' cure it.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I do not think that it is serious but I will be taking this week off of lifting. Its not that I cant to pushups or any other exercise for that matter, I can, its just that there is a level of discomfort. I have had worse pain, its not bad, more of an aggravation. Now, the day I hurt it was a different story, it hurt like hell. I am guessing its just inflamed or something. I will see what happens in the next few days. If needed, What kind of doc should I go see, chiro or ortho or what???

BigBull13 is offline Associate Member
    Rotator cuff

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    I have the EXACT same pain in the same exact location........I hate doctors I just strated taking glucosimine. If it doesnt go away I guess I have to go to the doctors and I just started a cycle!!! =(

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    This thread is almost 1yr old!???

blood-hound is offline Banned
    i had that, when i moved my arm upwards or whatever it would give a mild stabbing pain and i'm sure it was a trapped nerve, i free'd it by putting pressure to it and moving it whilst rotating my arm.

Thread Information