Dally is offline The Dally Lama

experience with morning circuit training instead of cardio

just trying something different. Instead of sitting on the stationary bike or treadmillin it up or eplipticalin the hell outta meself for 1 hour. I have recently opted to try this for eg.

chest set at about 60 % max
    right to set of tris extensions same
    right to back pulldowns same
    right to 5 minutes of running on treadmill or epliptical etc
    then right at it again for a total of 45 minutes of constant working out.

ITS HARD ... it quite abit harder than just cardio.

I usually get at least 6 sets in of each for chest tris and back...but the thing is my back is only hurtin in the lats for eg. and my chest is not THAT SORE and/or tris where I can end up training them again in a few days tops 3. So I could do rows next time with legs and calves type thing. After a few days I can do em again too or change up to hams and arms.

This is done and covers all bodyparts once a week if not twice. It seems to be working cutting and maintaining size, but is this possibly hindering my gains as if it were better to JUST do cardio schmardio boring crap in the morning and then wait and blast a bodypart or two later.... which of course takes ALOT more time and more clothes to wash.

I dunno, just thought I'd throw it out there and see what cha'all think or if you have tried it etc etc

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    All depends on ones goal is. Circuit training is great for a beginner and experienced lifter who just needs a change for 1 month only. As long as your THR is up at 60-75% you should be fine as a sub for the so called boring treadmill. Better way is start on treadmill high intensity for 10 minutes then circuit. You need to use up some glycogen stores first. I do not think it greatly adds to gains but should at the minimum keep what you already have. I am a firm beleiver in INSTINCTIVE training meaning try it and see if it may help you but will only be after trial & error & experience. If your wish to add more muscle mass then yes you need to hit the weights alone blasting one or two bodyparts with compound movements.

I had a feeling you'd answer that. I have to say I totally agree. Guess I just needed some "reassurance"

What are your goals? whats your regimen look like? I remember you said you were a skinny (sorry thin) ectomorph as a teen like myself. What have you found works best for you, in your current stage of growth and what your trying to acheive at this point?

later man

I just got back HOLY SHAT that is some hard a$$ workin out!

WAY harder than just cardio or JUST weights!

definately not for the weak!

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    IMO it is way harder than just doing weights and cardio by themsleves. One of the most well rounded ways to get in good shape if you are not training for anything specific or need to trani strength and endurance siumltaneously.

Thread Information