notus is offline Member

should hardgainers do more set when on roids

I am a hard gainer usually I can only do around 8-10 sets on large muscles and 6-8 sets on smaller muscles only one time a week or I stop growing. Yes, my diet is in check.

So when I do a cycle should I increase the number of sets per bodypart and by how much?

Thank for the help guys

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    It's individual but as a rule you have better recovery..

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    I dont lengthen my workouts, i just shorten the rest time in between. Like if i do a 7 day (week) split i'll make it a 6 day split, so i workout 5 times a week.

I also start a fresh program with my cycle. I dont want to hinder cycle gains because i'm using an old program my body adjusted to. I add more shocking methods like supersets, and drop sets, and i do a different workout every other week. like week 1 do workout A, then week 2 do workout B, it gives the body less chance to get accustomed to what your doing

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Workouts are the same, diet is what differs due to increased protein assimilation.

Damage is damage, but recovery is different on/off.

~SC~

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Workouts are the same, diet is what differs due to increased protein assimilation.

Damage is damage, but recovery is different on/off.

~SC~
    wtf is it with you. Its always "diet diet diet", all about the diet. well next PWO meal i'm going to drink half a gallon of whole milk with dextrose!

lol j/k bro

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by grady
    I am a hard gainer usually I can only do around 8-10 sets on large muscles and 6-8 sets on smaller muscles only one time a week or I stop growing. Yes, my diet is in check.

So when I do a cycle should I increase the number of sets per bodypart and by how much?

Thank for the help guys
    well, if you are a hardgainer, one logical though i came up with is that you would want to do less work so you burn less calories and have more calories available for growth. 1 set is all that is needed to remodel and grow

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    wtf is it with you. Its always "diet diet diet", all about the diet.
    I hear ya, but it's true that's why I emphasize it.

Many are focused on what they do in the gym, which only takes an hour or so, but negate to focus on the other 23 hours of the day.

You can see where the odds lay.

~SC~

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Swolecat is right on about the diet, I have been on a cycle before when taking anadrol that suppressed my appetite. I couldnt even force feed myself and I can ussually man up and do anything. Even with Anadrol I made allmost zero gains because I wasnt using my ussual bulking diet.

I used some of swolecats advise for my last cutting diet and it worked pretty good, allthough I wish I could see a sample of what a 240-250lb guy should be eating while cutting. Im not too good at cutting diets. But do very well making myself a big ole fat juice monster..

I train people at my gym, and for a hard gainer you should have less volume in your workouts than regular people. You need to keep the reps even lower with no more than 8. And ussually 6 and less for most movements. You can only do this for about 2-3 weeks before starting to work your way backwards. So you have to cycle the intensity of your workouts by throwing in a high rep low weight workout in every 3-4 weeks. This is needed for continued progress. Also concentrait more on bulking exercises. For example this is what some would do for a Tricep workout.

skull crushers 4 sets 10-8 reps
    Push downs Vbar 4 sets 10-8 reps
    Kickbacks 4 sets 10-8 reps

This isnt even the most efficiant way for a "good Gainer" person to workout for Growth. I would suggest doing something like this for you.

Skull Crusher 3 sets 6-4 reps increasing weight with each set
    Close Grip Bench 3 sets 6-4 reps increasing weight with each set\
    Overhead dumbell extension 3 sets 8-6 reps increasing weight with each set.

Do thing like avoid the cable machine movements all together. Use heavy free weights when ever possible. Like not using a pulldown machine for lats, do weighted pull ups instead. Wide grip and reverse grip.

Instead of using all the different machines for Quads like leg extensions and the leg sled do an entire workout with squats about 6-8 sets with low reps. I myself like to do either 10-12 sets of Squats or 100rep squat workouts but this wouldnt be a good idea for a ectomorph..

I have seen alot of skinny ectomorphs come in my gym with Flex magazines trying to follow their outlined Bulking Workout. One thing to take into consideration is these workouts are designed for people that are on steroids and have about 50lbs of enhanced muscle. Ectomorphs cant run their azz off on a treadmill when bulking and workout like everyone else in the gym if they want to grow.

And to answer your question Your workouts should be some what the same off and on cycle with the exception of PCT where you will want to lower your workout volume. And then little by little work your way back up to full intensity

Thread Information