HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

new workout! check it please!

ok im not going to be doing the dc training because i have a partner now at a new gym im going to so....

anyways here's my new program so you guys can rip it apart for us ...

day 1 : chest - incline bench 3x4
    - flat bench 3x4
    - incline flyes 3x8

tris - overhead db ext. 2x4
    - close-grip bench 2x4
    - pushdowns 2x8

day 2 : back - weighted chins 3x4
    - pulldowns behind neck 3x4
    - t-bar rows 3x4
    - deads 3x15
    - reverse pec-dec 3x8
    - bar shrugs 3x8

day 3 : delts - behind neck press 3x4
    - db press 3x8
    - upright rows 3x4
    - side raises 3x8

bis - straight bar curls 2x4
    - db hammer curls 2x4
    - preacher curls 2x8

day 4 : legs - squats 3x15
    - laying leg curls 3x10
    - leg extentions 3x10

calves -standing raises 3x15
    - seated 3x15

day 5 : off

day 6 : reapeat

ok i have some questions also about this program ... i was thinking about cutting the back workout down to only chins, rows, and deads and taking bis and moving them to back day and also movind rear delts and shrugs shoulder day but i figure back is a big muscle and also very taxing on the body so i like it alone so what you guys think??? what about the set and rep scheme for all my exercises also???

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    personally i think you need 5-6 sets of the big ones: military press (in front is better because its a MUCH more natural movement than behind the head), bench, squat, deadlift

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    maybe try to back/bi's together, or space it out more. because when u do back u work ur bi's..JMO...Jason

Quote Originally Posted by josh8416
    maybe try to back/bi's together, or space it out more. because when u do back u work ur bi's..JMO...Jason
    i agree with this but do you think that would be too taxing on the body????

maybe, try to space out the back from bi, so ur bi's get some rest, cause u work them when doing back...if u do back then next day do bi's, that would seem to be overtraining to me.

maybe, try to space out the back from bi, so ur bi's get some rest, cause u work them when doing back...if u do back then next day do bi's, that would seem to be overtraining to me.

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=crosby7117
    day 1 : chest - incline bench 3x4
    - flat bench 3x4
    - incline flyes 3x8

tris - overhead db ext. 2x4
    - close-grip bench 2x4
    - pushdowns 2x8

day 2 : back - weighted chins 3x4
    - pulldowns behind neck 3x4
    - t-bar rows 3x4
    - deads 3x15
    - reverse pec-dec 3x8
    - bar shrugs 3x8

day 3 : delts - behind neck press 3x4
    - db press 3x8
    - upright rows 3x4
    - side raises 3x8

bis - straight bar curls 2x4
    - db hammer curls 2x4
    - preacher curls 2x8

day 4 : legs - squats 3x15
    - laying leg curls 3x10
    - leg extentions 3x10

calves -standing raises 3x15
    - seated 3x15

day 5 : off

day 6 : reapeat

ok i have some questions also about this program ... i was thinking about cutting the back workout down to only chins, rows, and deads and taking bis and moving them to back day and also movind rear delts and shrugs shoulder day but i figure back is a big muscle and also very taxing on the body so i like it alone so what you guys think??? what about the set and rep scheme for all my exercises also???[/QUOTE]

interchange rear back exercises and traps every month. One with shoulders and one with back. I like your set and rep scheme, especially on legs. I like doing more volumn on leg day though. I look at it like back. Your Quads are the biggest muscle requiring more work. Although when doing squats, you do incorporate quads, hams, and gluts, imo throwing in one or two more exercises would be beneficial. Your doing bis on a different day as back. Your essentially getting a bi workout on back day no matter how well your mind/muscle connection is. You have no rest b/w back and bis and then 5 days later your working out back again. Maybe you would benefit more working your back and bis together, leaving 7 days in between your next back/bi workout.

Maybe you would benefit more working your back and bis together, leaving 7 days in between your next back/bi workout.[/QUOTE]

i think i will change bis to back day, and just do chins rows and deads for my back exercises!!! is this too little for a big muscle group like back?

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crosby7117

i think i will change bis to back day, and just do chins rows and deads for my back exercises!!! is this too little for a big muscle group like back?
    Like i said, i need more volumn for back. i like 15 to 16 sets spread out in 4 or 5 exercises. Since your bis have already been pre-exausted you want need to do alot maybe 4-6 sets max. Depending on your set range, just doing chins, deads, and rows could be beneficial.
    Chins 4 or 5sets
    rows 4 or 5sets
    deads 4 or 5 sets
    I always throw in a superset on my last exercise. Like pulldowns or cable rows with straight arm pulldowns. I feel this really shocks the muscle.

Thread Information