Gaucho77 is offline Associate Member

Pounding Headache

Ever since I started cutting, when I get into very intense lifts my head starts to just pound with pain. Same place everytime, right in the back, and its a constant throbbing that goes away slowly after I stop exerting myself. Is it high blood pressure? Never cycled, 100% natural. Any input is appreciated. thanks.
    Last edited by Gaucho77; 12-17-2004 at 04:49 AM.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Blood sugar levels may be low and do check b/p. If it continues you may wish to speak to a nuerologist.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    yea man from cutting.. the low carbs give huge headaches to me too.. the body eventually adjusts

weightshead is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho77
    Ever since I started cutting, when I get into very intense lifts my head starts to just pound with pain. Same place everytime, right in the back, and its a constant throbbing that goes away slowly after I stop exerting myself. Is it high blood pressure? Never cycled, 100% natural. Any input is appreciated. thanks.
    hope this doesnt sound patronising but are you sure your breathing is ok? it sounds like the headaches i get if i hold my breath whilst im exerting myself.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weightshead
    hope this doesnt sound patronising but are you sure your breathing is ok? it sounds like the headaches i get if i hold my breath whilst im exerting myself.
    I agree, you are probably unconsciously holding your breath which is creating the pounding pressure felt in your head.

To the best of my knowledge I breath the right way, I really concentrate on it with the most intense lifts because I know it causes headaches. I never hold me breath when lifting.

crazle43764 is offline Associate Member
    Try to breathe right, I get the same thing and when i take deep breathes my head doesnt feel like its goin to blow up. I usually get like this when i deadlift or doing leg presses.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Aside from breathing to release built up pressure - make sure you keep hydrated...

I believe hydration is the key. Upped the intake about a half/gallon (to a total of 2 gallons a day). Also drinking a large amount of water right before workout helped. Didn't thnk I would actually NEED that much water.

Thread Information