Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

havnt bin to gym since 13th dec

I havnt bin to the gym since 13th of december and cant help feeling a little pissed off about the time ive wasted.
    I goto say I have lost the motivation threw lack of results. My plan now is to enjoy the new year and get back into it on 3rd Jan 2005.

Any advice from anyone on how to best stay motivated

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Having time off happens to everyone, you will feel better once you get back into it. Just start up again, and take it easy on the weights for now. As for motivation, its either in you or it aint. If you dont want to train, then you shouldn't train at all.

-Gear

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Try and think about how much time we have on earth.... some aren't as lucky as us, and have their lives cut way too short...

Make the best of it while you're here, make every day count... if that doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will..

Good luck in the new year...

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I am usually a motivated person anyways but if I take too much time off getting back is sometimes much tougher. This is what my wife & I plan on doing for this upcoming year. A new years resolution... This is what we are going to do- 1. Set a realistic goal ie, gain lbm drop b/f, more tone,better symetry ect.. whatever it is. 2. Put it in writing on the computer and print it. 3.Sign it & have it notorized! 4. Frame it. 5. Hang it in you home somewhere where it is always seen by you AND others. We came up with this new idea only this morning during our workout. If you cannot get motivated with that I suggest you take up basket weaving instead.
    Last edited by bluethunder; 12-26-2004 at 11:35 AM.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    what the hell are you doing on the computer? go to the gym!

jgg1221 is offline Member
    think about the chicks who will like your body

fritz2435 is offline Member
    I take a week off completely from lifting about every 10-12 wks. I find that after the break, I feel more refreshed and motivated to lift and get bigger.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by jgg1221
    think about the chicks who will like your body
    This is not the best goal in mind but many people do it for this reason.

I myself am doing it for my own personal satisfaction and the rest (female attention is secondary and just a result of my work).

Everyone pulls their motivation from somewhere, whatever it takes i guess.

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    You raise an interesting point. Motivation comes from within. Start keeping a journal. In the front list those "why working out is important to you"? Then read those why's everyday - so even on days that you don't feel like going - you realize it is just too important to miss. Remember the definition for discipline is doing what you know you must do even when you don't feel like doing it. As for taking a few weeks off - eveyone needs a bread now and then - now you'll be rested and ready to really make some serious gains!

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Look, I love all this warm and fuzzy 12 step program stuff, but let's get real. We pamper our cars, our homes, our clothes to keep them from aging and looking great when they are meaningless and replaceable.

Cliche warning: Your body is a temple. You can look like Tony Soprano and die like Reggie White or you can fuel it properly and train it to maintain the health you enjoy now. Get your ass in there and push the envelope at least a little.

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    I don't think the psychological aspect of training should be overlooked. Intensity and consistency are fueled by motivation. It has nothing to do with feeling warm and fuzzy. It is a simple matter of planning for your maximum results.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    As for taking a few weeks off - eveyone needs a bread now and then - now you'll be rested and ready to really make some serious gains!

Sorry cant do it bro, i am cutting right now.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Just thought I'd bump this thread just to say I can't belive I didnt goto the gym all threw the christmass. Im gutted and can only think about what progress I may have made. I started back yesterday and can't help but feel ive taken a few steps back, but hey Ive been at it for 12 months now and feel like this year I already got the foundations in place to make some real quality gains in strength and size.

Thread Information