pappynut is offline New Member

shoulder problem

i know this isnt really a workout ? but i didnt really know where to put it so i just posted it here. I was doing my chest and shoulder workout last thursday. Anyways i do chest for so when i do my shoulders iam warmed up and ready do go. I was doing barbell shoulder presses with moderate weight for the first couple sets i was feelin good so i put more on. I smashed that set it felt easy but i didnt put any more weight on. My next set i got 4 good reps at the bottom of my 4th rep i felt a slight pinch in the back portion of my right shoulder I decided not to push it and stopped my workout. To make a long story short my workouts this week havent been to bad but my shoulder still causes problems its not painful more irritating than anything just feels like some on is poking me all the time. I gotta to my chest and shoulders tomarrow i just wanted to see if anyone has had this before or mightnow what i can do to ease the discomfort. I'll let everyone know how i feel tomarrow after the workout...

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Were you pressing behind your neck??

yeah thunder i was usually i dont but i wanted to change it up a bit thats why i didnt use much weight...like i said its not really painful just aggravating.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    You learned a vaulable lesson here from your own experience behind the neck presses/pulldowns stay away from ALWAYS. I see so many doing it that way and sometimes correct them. Just a few weeks ago I know a great guy at our gym who is getting ready to open up his own place(which I may be a part-time PT) doing behind the neck pulls and I had to tell him not only is it risking potential injury but it is the least effective in stressing the intended muscle.

ManzNumero1 is offline Member
    do you feel it pretty hard when you stretch your arm out in a certain direction

to tell you the truth i feel it a lot when iam like putting my coat on where my arm is angled backwards to some extend one of my buddies said i mighthave torn my rotator cuff or something but i would think it would be more painful. Like i said though i didnt drop the weight or get hit with sudden pain just a feeling of being pinched. Iam going to do chest and shoulders today so we'll see how everything goes...hopefully i can finish this workout.

yea i was told i tore my rotator , i did it about 2 weeks ago on bench, same pain your feeling, the coat, when i extend my arm out and in towards my body, etc. just stay away from flat bench press, do dumbells until you feel pain is gone, it will take awhile. and i was limited at first to a couple shoulder excercises, but there coming back now. don't push it , it will only get worse, let it heal, work around it.

i'm seein' a lotta posts with this problem, guess its pretty common. theres a good thread under this one a few with what to do

well i did my chest and shoulder workout today i started with incline barbell and felt fine, strong. Moved to flat bench press and hurt like hell so i stopped and did some cable crossovers which was fine. Did some seated dumbell presses which felt okay then did some dumbell lateral raises that kinda hurt so do you guys think i should just not do those exercises i do back tomarrow i'll see how those areas feel.

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    You learned a vaulable lesson here from your own experience behind the neck presses/pulldowns stay away from ALWAYS. I see so many doing it that way and sometimes correct them. Just a few weeks ago I know a great guy at our gym who is getting ready to open up his own place(which I may be a part-time PT) doing behind the neck pulls and I had to tell him not only is it risking potential injury but it is the least effective in stressing the intended muscle.
    Yep I agree, I tore a trap big time with behind neck press. I did some research and that and behind neck pull downs are two of the WORST excercies you can do.

Njectable is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    Yep I agree, I tore a trap big time with behind neck press. I did some research and that and behind neck pull downs are two of the WORST excercies you can do.
    i did the same thing, was doing behind the neck presses, and i ended up ripping something in my trap, couldn't turn my head to the right for about 5 days. Haven't done behind the neck presses since, and probably never will

bro you tore your rotator cuff, i did the same thing, cant do bench bar or lat raises, thats about it, lay off em till it heals. watch your presses though itll make them act back up

Thread Information