Thread: a few questions

Mounts is offline New Member

a few questions

6'3 160 lbs bench 230
    my chest is extremely muscular...i lift with a few of my friends and they bench about the same as me and their chests dont compare to mine, why is this? is there anyway to ge these muscles in use? oh i thought i might add that i am a competetive swimmer, could that be why?
    also lately when ive been lifting, the muscles i work get beat red, am i over working them?
    and another thing - when ever i lift bi's, my forearms ache extremely bad, like a bone ache...i stopped lifting those for a week and when i returned it was worse than before....??? somewhat of the same thing happens with my chest, but not untill i'm done, and just on flat bench. right after i'm finished with my set i get a terrible pain under my pecs, but not muscle pain.
    does anyone know anything about this? can you help me out please?

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Hopefully your taking protein after your workout.I would suggest adding some L-Glutamine, that will take care of the pain

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    "my chest is extremely muscular...i lift with a few of my friends and they bench about the same as me and their chests dont compare to mine, why is this?" GENETICS

"is there anyway to ge these muscles in use? " whos and what muscles?

"a terrible pain under my pecs" im not sure on this one , try maybe using dumbells and see if it still hurts

what exercises are you doing to cause the pain?
    have you tried different exercises and seeing if it still hurts

its hard to answer these w/ out seeing you work out like form, how heavy your going , do you tense up all your muscles like your straining. etc

maybe some other will be able to help

"also lately when ive been lifting, the muscles i work get beat red, am i over working them? " could be heat excaping or your not breathing.

"my forearms ache extremely bad" could be that your griping the bar too tight or your bending your wrists away from your body

it almost sounds like w/ the pains and redness that your straining
    to move the weight just a thought

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I used to get bad pain in my chest so i went to the docs and he took a xray and i found out that i had split my rib cage.(the good thing about it is when it healed my chest was 2inches bigger)..

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Everyone has genetically strong body bodyparts and it sounds like yours is chest though it may be the swimming expecially if you're a breast stroke or butterfly competitor. When people experience pain while training or in joints many times it's caused from a lack of joint flexability or a functional imbalance from an injury. You may try stretching between sets of curls expecially range of motion in the forarms. And vary your chest training. You don't want to overdue the low reps high joint stress exercises. Finally make sure you give the muscles enough rest to heal and grow as well as the nutrition to maintain a positive nitrogen balance.

Mounts is offline New Member
    ive been looking into the glutamine and i think i'm going to buy some of it, i havent taken it after lifting, ever
    my workout for chest goes as follows:
    decline : 175x10 185x10 195 till failure
    flat bench : 160 x 8, 170x6, 180x4, 190x3, 200 x 2, 210x1, 185x5
    incline : 70 lb dumbells x 10 for 2 sets
    flies 35 lbs x 2 sets
    cable machine
    this workout works pretty good for me but when i do the flat bench i get the pain in my chest that only lasts for around 5 seconds
    on my bi workout i'm fine with hammers, but when i use preacher and standing bar curls is when it hurts...mostly in my right arm...i might get an x-ray to see if its a stress fracture
    thanks for the help guys, i think i'm going to move on to a different workout for awhile to shock my muscles...my chest ir hardly sore now after this workout

Thread Information