jgg1221 is offline Member

natural potential

hey guys

i am wondering what you would think the average (for a guy 20-25 years old) natural muscle gaining potential could be over a 1 year if working out properly and eating a moderate bulking diet that would minimize fat/water build up, but still but loaded with complex carbs 2g/lb body weight of protein, fiber, vitamins etc (but no steroids or prohormones or anything like that)

such as.. how many inch increase on the arms?
    how many pounds increase on the bench max?

just curious
    thanks

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Not going to get any accurate answers with this question. Rather than ask it, like NIKE says" Just do it" !!!!!! And see for yourself. It definitely varies from person to person with an array of factors from genetics to w/o routine and everything in between!!!

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    you could put on about 15lbs, which would mean about 1" in your arms alone, and rough estimate of ~50lbs on the bench increase, maybe a little more

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    o but like 6pak said, its different for everyone. im just throwin out a general ballpark figure for a normal person.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    If you are truly training, eating, and RESTING with precision and intensity, you will amaze yourself in the first 4 to 6 months. These are your beginner's gains and it would not be unheard of for you to gain 15 lbs in the first 4 months alone, of quality muscle. At 6 months you will think your gains have stopped... they will probably not have stopped but they will be "normal" gains, which might average 5 lbs a year. Steady steady catchee monkey to paraphrase. Keeping the pressure on, with unrelenting precision and knowledgeable techniques in nutrition and training, will keep those gains coming for years, so you shouldn't despair when those beginner's gains stop.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by jgg1221
    hey guys

i am wondering what you would think the average (for a guy 20-25 years old) natural muscle gaining potential could be over a 1 year if working out properly and eating a moderate bulking diet that would minimize fat/water build up, but still but loaded with complex carbs 2g/lb body weight of protein, fiber, vitamins etc (but no steroids or prohormones or anything like that)

such as.. how many inch increase on the arms?
    how many pounds increase on the bench max?

just curious
    thanks
    i gained about 25lbs the first year of training, i only gained about 10lbs the second year but my strength increaced alot more then my first year. I realised my diet and dedictaion wasnt as good in the second year. Id say a gain of 15lbs in a year is possible for most people 10-15 for the avearage. And anywhere from 15-30 lbs for a first year of training.

LittleNate is offline Junior Member
    20-25lbs your first year is not uncommon....it really has everything to do with genitics though. Get in the gym an see for yourself

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I actually got a 180lb ectomorph to gain 40lbs in about 5-6 months. If anyone knows what these guys are like, they know these guys are hard gainers, they know that is pretty impressive. He powerlifted while also trained for speed every four weeks. Ate nothing but meat all day with all the fixens and drank weight gainers all day. Forty pounds later is was still ripped with abs and veins sticking out. If you do everything just right you can gain alot when you first start woking out. Its actually this rate of growth that you can best hope for when starting a cycle.

If you want quick size and strength look into powerlifting. If you do a real program it is not uncommon to add 50lbs to your bench in a few months. And make you solid as h3ll.

If you want help with a workout scheme just Pm me and Ill help you out. I Have trained alot of people and still currently training at the gym I manage here in town . I have helped a many of people grow through the years..

I think it is good that you are trying to get some where naturally before starting juicing.

Thread Information