GQplaya is offline Associate Member

question about soreness??????

If u have been working out hardcore for either one year or ten. Does everybody still get sore the next day after lifting?

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Im sore after every workout, but the degree of soreness varies. Chest,back,shoulders,traps,calves,abs--moderate amount, Arms-low amount, Legs-high amount
    Also, when i change up my workouts, soreness is always a little higher.

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    Im sore after every workout, but the degree of soreness varies. Chest,back,shoulders,traps,calves,abs--moderate amount, Arms-low amount, Legs-high amount
    Also, when i change up my workouts, soreness is always a little higher.
    Yep me too, I always feel every workout the next day, not necesarily sore but tight as well.

GQplaya is offline Associate Member
    yeah i was just curious, cause i dont think i have been pushin it to my max as of late. I want to be at the point that i cant walk out the gym on leg day maybe have to be carried out ,, lol.

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GQplaya
    yeah i was just curious, cause i dont think i have been pushin it to my max as of late. I want to be at the point that i cant walk out the gym on leg day maybe have to be carried out ,, lol.
    After I tried SwoleCats leg workout last Friday that happened to me, my legs were spasming so bad I couldnt walk down stares normally. You have to treat every workout like it your last, if you just punce around and dont feel the pumps and pain then you aint doing sh!t, you might as well go home.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    my chest is killing me right now and i worked out chest 2days ago LOL

MER
    MER is offline Member
    Yeah everyone gets sore but if you don't its not a big deal and it doesn't mean you didn't train well. It does happen. I don't stay sore as long while ON though.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    I have always told myself that if i dont get sore i wont grow. and if i am not going to the gym to grow it is time to stop going.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    If u have been working out hardcore for either one year or ten. Does everybody still get sore the next day after lifting?
    Yes, you should. It is called progressive overload.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I would get to a point to where I wouldn't get sore anymore, and wondered the same thing. But someone suggested trying to mix your routine up a bit, try a different angle, add another set, or increase weight, do an exercise you haven't done in a while, add a few reps to your routine, etc. Low and behold I got a bit sore the next day. But don't sweat it, your muscles are always adapting and I do get to the point to where I wouldn't be as sore the next day, just a little tight.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I find it just depends on my diet etc. Soreness is not a factor of growth.. until I added deadlifts to my back routine my back never ever got sore. My chest is always sore along with tri's. But never bi's and legs for me recover quickly too. haha I have been of for 2 months now with an upper body injury so I can imagine how sore I am going to be when I return

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    I find it just depends on my diet etc. Soreness is not a factor of growth.. until I added deadlifts to my back routine my back never ever got sore. My chest is always sore along with tri's. But never bi's and legs for me recover quickly too. haha I have been of for 2 months now with an upper body injury so I can imagine how sore I am going to be when I return
    This information is absolutely correct. Soreness is not necessarily a factor of growth, and recovery times differ from person to person especially while cycling. It is always a good idea to change up your routines periodically, but lack of soreness in the days following a particular workout isn't always an indication of poor performance or non-productivity in the mucsle group.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible
    This information is absolutely correct. Soreness is not necessarily a factor of growth, and recovery times differ from person to person especially while cycling. It is always a good idea to change up your routines periodically, but lack of soreness in the days following a particular workout isn't always an indication of poor performance or non-productivity in the mucsle group.
    I agree 100%... well maybe like 99.95% lol

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    I agree 100%... well maybe like 99.95% lol

Oh come on Bro, that is total bullsh*t!! I'm good for at least 99.975%

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible
    Oh come on Bro, that is total bullsh*t!! I'm good for at least 99.975%
    Hahah sorry your a crack whore still lmao

jonnytour is offline Member
    Needmore and Justincredible hit the nail on the head. Keep switchin it up to keep your body guessing though. Like they say too much of a good thing can be bad. Soreness is deffinately NOT a way to measure success in the gym. Only the scales, the mirror and your lifts are the ways to measure your success. Keep on keepin on!!

powerfreak777 is offline New Member
    when you stop getting sore, you should change workouts or quit, unless training for a powerlifting meet, then your joints stay sore

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Lack of soreness is not nescessarily indicative that your workout was innefective. As years go by it will deminish and for MYSELF I add more volume then I get OMS & DOMS.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    i like to feel the soreness

Thread Information