Flexor is offline Banned

Achieving symmetrical hypertrophy

My right arm is always bigger than my left, and I accept that because I am right handed. BUT, the right one grows a lot faster than the left.

My right is 13" cold flexed while the left is 12". Only a while ago the gap was only about half an inch, but every so often the right leaps ahead again and its visibly different.

I try to make sure that I work the left side equally with the right during the exercise, but I dunno if that is helping. Is there anything that could help me out with this? Could it be that my left arm is destined to be pathetic?

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    My only suggestion would be to use a lot of dumbell training for your arms to guarantee that the left is getting the equal amount of work. You could also do a few sets for your left arm on another day body part day during the week.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    work out in front of a mirror and make sure your form for both arms are PERFECT.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Having one side more dominant is normal..

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    ya man a lot of people are like this, just workout the other arm a little more..Jason

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    No offense but I think the size of your arms has a lot to do with it. If you had 17" arms and 18" arms I could understand your concern but 12"/13" arms are generally what people start with when they first pick up weights. I would guess over the next couple years your arms should begin to even out as you add 2-4 inches in size. I know when I first started working out I had 12-13 inch arms that are even in size now.

Angelis is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    My right arm is always bigger than my left, and I accept that because I am right handed. BUT, the right one grows a lot faster than the left.

My right is 13" cold flexed while the left is 12". Only a while ago the gap was only about half an inch, but every so often the right leaps ahead again and its visibly different.

I try to make sure that I work the left side equally with the right during the exercise, but I dunno if that is helping. Is there anything that could help me out with this? Could it be that my left arm is destined to be pathetic?
    Same thing happens to me bro its normal... my right is 17'' and my left is around 16.75'' now, they've changed allot since I was a teen but not enough there is still so much potential believe me they will even out if you continue to train proper mine used to be off allot more... just get out there and train proper

man boobes is offline Junior Member
    glad im not the only one my right is so much more "defined" then my left. I usually dont feel like I got a workout with that arm as its never sore.

Thread Information