Elysium is offline Productive Member

Ok, messy wants some tips. :)

Hey all...

Ok, well. My workouts are good, but im sure they can be better. At the moment im in the process of changing things around, ive decided to do Swoles leg workout (sounds awesome). My chest and tris workout is sorted, as is my back workout.

Im looking for a decent shoulder and bicep workout, not forgetting forearms. My bis have always been quite a strong point for me, but i just want them bigger and stronger, dont we all? As well as my delts.

In terms of my bi/delts workouts... well.. pretty much everything is with free weights, i dont have a plan as such when working out these guys so if someone has a decent plan i'd appriciate it!

Also, just something else you lot might be able to help me with, when benching my left wrist always hurts, no matter what position, it always had, even after resting it for weeks, it just hurts again, its keeping me back and its getting very annoying! Thanks

Thanks people!

Last edited by Elysium; 01-07-2005 at 06:53 PM.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    i train my delts and biceps on the same workout as back/chest days.
    I do love training forarms tho.
    Personally i like (apart from doing deads without straps) behind the back forarm curls, plate holds, hanging using bodyweight (depending on grip strength) using one hand or 2. Ball and chain work, unilateral cable wrist curls, reverse grip preachers, clockwise/counterclockwise rotation from the elbow zottman curls. Hope this helps a little.

seanw is offline Banned
    Messy I have that wrist thing in my left wrist as well, its different levels of pain at each workout. I only get it on Bench. If its an issue switch to dumbel Bench.

Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    Messy I have that wrist thing in my left wrist as well, its different levels of pain at each workout. I only get it on Bench. If its an issue switch to dumbel Bench.
    even get it when i use dumbells, its a compression pain, when ever downward force is applyed it started to hurt and gets worse as the weight increases... ive tryed resting it for months and it always comes back. im really not sure what it could be

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    even get it when i use dumbells, its a compression pain, when ever downward force is applyed it started to hurt and gets worse as the weight increases... ive tryed resting it for months and it always comes back. im really not sure what it could be

....I suggest you see an orthopedic surgeon and get this checked out. Sounds to me like a nerve compression or bursal compression problem that could be easily corrected with some minor arthroscopic surgery. Why work out wirh pain?? Always remember that pain is a signal from your body that something is wrong!

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death
    ....I suggest you see an orthopedic surgeon and get this checked out. Sounds to me like a nerve compression or bursal compression problem that could be easily corrected with some minor arthroscopic surgery. Why work out wirh pain?? Always remember that pain is a signal from your body that something is wrong!
    Yes good suggestion, I might try that aswell. Wlecome back Duck, havnt seen you around for a while, how is the HGH going.

Exactly yea. Your right. Im going to pop into my docs early next week and have a chat with him, what kind of surgery is it? do you know? what would it involve?

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    Sean and Messy:
    I have been around from time to time but my daughter is visiting me now from Arizona and she keeps me pretty busy! The HGH is going VERY well - I am still on 1.8 iu/day and all is going great guns!
    As far as the surgery goes, if it is a nerve compression thing they will use very small tubes (arthroscopes) and go in and relive the pressure by cutting the fascial bundles which surround the nerve sheath. A bursal compression problem can be ususally traced to a bone projection or spur which pushes on the bursal sac which separates the bones of the wrist from the distal end of the arm bones. This, too, is ground down using a very small bur. In any case, the surgery is not invasive at all and you will have function again in about two weeks. I would imagine you could work out again (although light at first) in around 3-4 weeks.

Sean and Messy:
    I have been around from time to time but my daughter is visiting me now from Arizona and she keeps me pretty busy! The HGH is going VERY well - I am still on 1.8 iu/day and all is going great guns!
    As far as the surgery goes, if it is a nerve compression thing they will use very small tubes (arthroscopes) and go in and relive the pressure by cutting the fascial bundles which surround the nerve sheath. A bursal compression problem can be ususally traced to a bone projection or spur which pushes on the bursal sac which separates the bones of the wrist from the distal end of the arm bones. This, too, is ground down using a very small bur. In any case, the surgery is not invasive at all and you will have function again in about two weeks. I would imagine you could work out again (although light at first) in around 3-4 weeks.
    Man i hate surgery. Ok, i'll speak to my doc and get him to refer a decent surgeon to check it out. Can this sort of thing be picked up on an xray? I guess not? Thanks for the info Duck, you appear to know your stuff.
    Last edited by Elysium; 01-07-2005 at 07:42 PM.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey messy hit up swoles thread to see a back workout! 6 sets on back day super intense.. Puts inch's on the arm!!

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Hey messy hit up swoles thread to see a back workout! 6 sets on back day super intense.. Puts inch's on the arm!!
    Eh? Working back helps arms.. gimme the link bro. I didnt know that!

seanw is offline Banned
    Messy I know a guy who is huge and he doesnt work out arms at all, he reckons he gets it all from the other excercies he does for other body parts

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Eh? Working back helps arms.. gimme the link bro. I didnt know that!
    Lmao I was on crack when I typed that I just read it... But hit up swoles "daily training reminder"....Hitting arms on the same day as back fully fatigues them (hence why u only need 6 sets) but gives u a week to let them heal! give it a try! and yes.. training back with deads and bent over barbell rows + squats will help arms!

Thread Information