insanepump621 is offline Member

Much More Intense Workout Yay Or Nay?

I am currently going to go on a cycle of test and deca and want to make my workout more intense i currently do one muscle group a week and do squats twice a week. I currently got my muscle and fitness mag in and was thinking about following arnolds workouts. I am 20 and i have been lifting since i was about 16. his workout includes for CHEST bench press 20-6 reps incline barbell press 10-15 reps flat bench dumbell flye 10-15 reps and weighted dips 15 reps every excerise is 5 sets. BACK wide grip pull up 15-8 reps, t bar row 10-15 reps, chin up 12 reps barbell deadlift 6-10 reps, all ex. are 5 sets expect for last contains 3 sets, BIS barbell cheat curl, seated dumbell curl, preacher curl, concentration curl, every ex. is 6-8 reps with 6-7 sets, TRIS close grip bench press, cable pressdown, lying ez-bar french press, dumbell kickback, every ex. is 5-6 sets with 6-8 reps. I am going to follow his shoulder and legs workout anyways and abs just because mine is horrible i think. It seems more of a persons excerise who is trying to get cut but hey idk what do you think. I can post the rest of his workout for those of you who want to see it

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    insanepump621,

Increasing your intensity will help you grow--it's necessary. When you're on a cycle you will be able to increase your intensity because you will be able to handle more weight and will recover faster. However, you should be aware that your tendons don't strengthen as quickly as your muscles do, so be careful. A lot of new AS users move to quickly and hurt themselves (load the bars with too much weight too soon).

You should definitely push yourself harder while you're on cycle. Just make sure you listen to your body closely--if certain movements feel strange with a certain amount of weight, then check your form, lower the weight and work up to heavier weights steadily, but intelligently.

One more thing...Although you will feel like you can workout 7 days per week, make sure you give body enough time to rest. Especially if you're increasing your intensity. We grow as we rest (if we work hard the rest of the time). Depending on your dedication and intensity, lifting 5 days a week might be too much. As I said before, listen to your body...if you're starting to feel sluggish back off and rest.

Best of luck.

insanepump621 is offline Member

Thank man

Thank alot man as long as i kno that mi not overtrainin and knowin my limits . its encourgement likes yours that keeps newbies like me on this board stayin educated and learnin

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by insanepump621
    Thank alot man as long as i kno that mi not overtrainin and knowin my limits . its encourgement likes yours that keeps newbies like me on this board stayin educated and learnin
    My pleasure, bro. --And I appreciate the kind words.
    Now, go lift.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    insanepump621,

Increasing your intensity will help you grow--it's necessary. When you're on a cycle you will be able to increase your intensity because you will be able to handle more weight and will recover faster. However, you should be aware that your tendons don't strengthen as quickly as your muscles do, so be careful. A lot of new AS users move to quickly and hurt themselves (load the bars with too much weight too soon).

You should definitely push yourself harder while you're on cycle. Just make sure you listen to your body closely--if certain movements feel strange with a certain amount of weight, then check your form, lower the weight and work up to heavier weights steadily, but intelligently.

One more thing...Although you will feel like you can workout 7 days per week, make sure you give body enough time to rest. Especially if you're increasing your intensity. We grow as we rest (if we work hard the rest of the time). Depending on your dedication and intensity, lifting 5 days a week might be too much. As I said before, listen to your body...if you're starting to feel sluggish back off and rest.

Best of luck.
    Words of a wise man... I used 1-tu, a Pro-hormone.... OMG both tendons in both elbows are messed.. i am prolly going to have to take up to 4 months off.. I am in 2.5 months off.. but its not worth it.. Tendons need to rest and grow just like a muscle but at a much slower rate!

Thread Information