Thread: Chest Question

josh8416 is offline Associate Member

Chest Question

alright guys, i cant seem to get the "definition" in my lower chest. the top is hard, but the bottom part is "fat". what exercises can i do to make the bottom part have a circle look???? my chest routine looks like:
    Flat bench 10,8,6
    Incline bench 10,8,6
    Wide Grip Bench 8,6,4
    Flys 10,8,6, burnout

I do this every 6/7 days

Decline bench

ya i forgot to add that i do that every other week in place of wide grip bench. i also do dumbells for a month, then change to BB. i just cant seem to get that shape at the bottom!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya i usually do that every other week, maybe ill do that everytime i do chest from now on... oh i also do bb one more, db next..

Quote Originally Posted by josh8416
    alright guys, i cant seem to get the "definition" in my lower chest. the top is hard, but the bottom part is "fat". what exercises can i do to make the bottom part have a circle look???? my chest routine looks like:
    Flat bench 10,8,6
    Incline bench 10,8,6
    Wide Grip Bench 8,6,4
    Flys 10,8,6, burnout

I do this every 6/7 days
    You work chest 6 out of every 7 days? Or what do you mean by this. If so you're overtraining that area big time. As for the "definition" diet and cardio along with good training is the key.
    Last edited by YounG_SluG11; 01-09-2005 at 02:59 AM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If your lower chest is soft/fat, then reducing your overall bodyfat would be a good start.

~SC~

Be Real is offline Banned
    Flat bench 10,8,6
    Incline bench 10,8,6
    Wide Grip Bench 8,6,4
    Flys 10,8,6, burnout

I do this every 6/7 days

Two possibilities might just be the genetic makeup of your chest. Some people have that full round look and are lucky. Also you might be overtraining, that was my problem. I was working out 6 days a week for the past 4 years without rest and that basically put me backwards in my progress. I'm taking some major time off right now and training less often.

i workout 1 day on/1 off, 4 times a week. i meant i do chest every 5/6 days. i know im not overtraining, im only working out 4 times a week and i get atleast 8 hours or sleep. i want to drop my b/f, but im bulking right now. im 5'9 and almost 160 with about 12% bf. im skinny and trying to put on some more weight. if i started running and doing alot of cardio i will go back to 145-150, i tried it..Jason

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    I think decline bench sucks...what i would do is add more cardio and like swolecat said lower your bf%

decadbal is offline Banned
    try some dips...

Chrizzum is offline Junior Member
    i workout 1 day on/1 off, 4 times a week. i meant i do chest every 5/6 days. i know im not overtraining, im only working out 4 times a week and i get atleast 8 hours or sleep. i want to drop my b/f, but im bulking right now. im 5'9 and almost 160 with about 12% bf. im skinny and trying to put on some more weight. if i started running and doing alot of cardio i will go back to 145-150, i tried it..Jason
    If you are bulking, how do you expect to add definition?

maxex is offline Member
    Try adding another rep or 2 to your sets. also decline dumbell press and decline flys might work for you (only a slight decline) Also, one of the main things that works for me are pushups, try doing 500 push-ups every other day, your chest will be shredded

maxex is offline Member
    IMO push-ups and dips (especially weighted dips) are two of the best chest exercises for chest definition.

ya i do dips also, i usually change up and do different chest exercises, i just hate how its flat at the bottom instead of round. theres no way im cutting right now, im barely 160, so i guess if i have to have a flat chest until i cut, then its going to stay flat, i want atleast 165..Jason

Thread Information