yellownoscobra is offline New Member

getting bigger bi's??????? anyone know of anything

i've been working out since i was 11 and i am 20 now, im 6'1 and 238 im not fat but i dont have a 6 pack or anything and i was new a little skinny boy when i was younger eather. my back and chest gets bigger and stronger my tris get bigger and also my shoulders. but no matter what i do i cant get a nice bi. the guys i work out with were always skinny so when they lift now the first curl they do boom there they go they have a bi and i dont lol. but my arm just gets big but when i flex i want a ****ing hill off my arm lol. i cant get **** no matter what and i dont cheat my self in the gym eather so i dont know what to do? someone help me out, i need my arms to match my back and chest. all i want are bigger arms......i know someone must know something.....

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Squats. Lots of curls. Lots of food.

seanw is offline Banned
    whats your workout look like ?

for bis i do hammers,dumbell, straight bar stand up, 21's everyother week,and straight bar rev holding from top of bar, and also sit down bar curls everything is 3 sets of 10

i feel the burn and they get hard but nothing to show from it........and food i eat to much of lol im all italian and my house eats all the time a little to much it is hard to diet right...

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Your arms will only get so big unless you pack on lean mass all over, which is why you will find people suggesting squats, deadlifts and other compound movements ni response to your question. If you want them just to look big and aren't worried about strength or size then you want to lower your bodyfat so the definition is visible.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Your arms will only get so big unless you pack on lean mass all over, which is why you will find people suggesting squats, deadlifts and other compound movements ni response to your question. If you want them just to look big and aren't worried about strength or size then you want to lower your bodyfat so the definition is visible.

This is the first thread that explains how squats can improve bicep size. Very good point and Im sure A LOT of beginners and moderates dont consider it. Too involved in the show muscles and not working out lower body cause they think it doesnt matter.

ALL OVER MASS kids......

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    For me it was dls rotating my grip... Other than the lift itself being a great lift for strength I found it stretched my bi's and helped made them grow

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    well.. you can try doing biceps right after back.. Doing 6 sets with the most intensity possible.. You may be over training them!

lean123 is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro check out this post Biceps hope it helps....

-Lean

rev911apollyon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yellownoscobra
    i've been working out since i was 11 and i am 20 now, im 6'1 and 238 im not fat but i dont have a 6 pack or anything and i was new a little skinny boy when i was younger eather. my back and chest gets bigger and stronger my tris get bigger and also my shoulders. but no matter what i do i cant get a nice bi. the guys i work out with were always skinny so when they lift now the first curl they do boom there they go they have a bi and i dont lol. but my arm just gets big but when i flex i want a ****ing hill off my arm lol. i cant get **** no matter what and i dont cheat my self in the gym eather so i dont know what to do? someone help me out, i need my arms to match my back and chest. all i want are bigger arms......i know someone must know something.....
    Preacher curls helped out my biceps alot, go heavy but remember to extend your arms all the way down to get a good stretch

bitta is offline Associate Member
    dont freak out and overtrain them b/c you are so consumed w/ them growing, mine dont grow when I isolate them too much but what has helped me is doing compound movements that involve the bi's like under hand bent over rows and weighted chins, just dont overtrain them blast them compoundly and get out

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You should check out my "Today's obvious training reminder" thread.

It deals directly w/this issue, and is sterling in advice.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You should check out my "Today's obvious training reminder" thread.

It deals directly w/this issue, and is sterling in advice.

~SC~
    Yea its pimped lol

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yellownoscobra
    for bis i do hammers,dumbell, straight bar stand up, 21's everyother week,and straight bar rev holding from top of bar, and also sit down bar curls everything is 3 sets of 10

i feel the burn and they get hard but nothing to show from it........and food i eat to much of lol im all italian and my house eats all the time a little to much it is hard to diet right...
    It likes you might be overtraining them in an attempt to make them grow. It looks like you do 5-6 exercises x 3 sets each = 15-18 sets just for your bi's?! Way too much. Cut it back a little. Like was mentioned earlier try trainig them after back and cut it to 6 sets only.

Also, read Swole's training tip on biceps, it's the sheeit!

MT

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown
    It likes you might be overtraining them in an attempt to make them grow. It looks like you do 5-6 exercises x 3 sets each = 15-18 sets just for your bi's?! Way too much. Cut it back a little. Like was mentioned earlier try trainig them after back and cut it to 6 sets only.

Also, read Swole's training tip on biceps, it's the sheeit!

MT
    agreed swoles training is excellent... try it once and you'll be hooked

thanks everyone you think you can give me a good bi work out i can try this week?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    eat more

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    Im dead in this boat also i missed a few days at the gym over xmas due to extra work sleep and all. In this time i lost about 10lbs off my curls just straight normal standing curl.
    I cant even budge 55lbs right now on a curl like before so all in all my arms arent growing but my strenght is great and slowly moving back up.
    I hit the gym atleast 2 times a week the joints in my should elbow and wrist get sore before my bicept does though i work them till their so pumped till they loose a bit of bnd in them.
    Right now they wont only grow but im tring to get middle of my bicept to grow.

bw 192lbs
    3000+ calories a day

Arms all above where the tricept starts
    Arms, 14 inches

Arms workouts still experimenting.
    5x4 45lbs, 6x4 40lbs, twice a week
    Deltas a full set with no real reps to help a little.
    55lbs for 2x8, When they can be done or the wrist is fine as a warmup.

I also throw in a few machine curls one arm at a time till they are worked for a few small sets at 2 or 3 curls a time.

Now back in year 2000 i was as big as i was now lost 3 inches off my arms in 1 year back in 2002 when i was putting myself back together threw together a real food plan i grew a inch the first week on bis tried 1ad the second week and put on a second inch. I dont think the bis have put any real size on since then the rest of the size is where i been build the tricepts.

Sorry for the little hijack.
    Last edited by dingobite; 01-10-2005 at 01:23 AM.

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    Ive also tried useing aboard all i do is get my elbow sore and my joints bicept act like they ont even feel it.

I need to go find that tread of SC on Bis.

Thread Information