newbrew is offline Senior Member

What is a realistic squat and leg press weight?

Ill admit it, I have always neglected my legs and its time to do something about it.

I am 185, 5'11, and around 13% BF or so and starting the first cycle (Test E) in a couple weeks.

For my size, what is a realistic/good leg press and squat weight goal to shoot for? Lets say I bench about 300.

Probably a little too general, but to be honest I have not the slightest clue when it comes to these 2 workouts.

thanks

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    There is no way anyone over the internet can help you with this.......the only thing you can do is go in there and experiment.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Bro, start off with a plate on each side and just make sure you're doing your movement correctly. If you can, try to have someone show you how to squat properly. Then just work your way up from there. If you don't go much higher than a plate for the first times, don't worry, it's normal. You're stabilizing muscles are just getting used to the movement. Your charges will go up pretty fast from there.

For the leg press, hell, just put 2 plates on and work your way up... Make sure to bring your knees all the way back nearest to your chest possible.

Peace bro, train hard!

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    I am pretty close to your size (195lbs) and have been lifting legs a while. I do like 5plates and a quarter on leg press 6x. Squat 275lbs 6x. Legs are my weakest body part.

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Before I had knee surgery I was squating 495lb for 5, leg pressing 1000 for 4reps.
    I don't know what my current squat is, because I haven't been doing legs for awhile.

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    Make sure you start light and add the weight gradually. There's nothing worse than getting injured and having to work yourself back up to a 135lb squat.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    PFFFFFF you never do squat or leg press and youre starting steroids ?

How long have you been working out?
    Do you have a diet plan laid out with grams of protein, carbs and fats?

Chrizzum is offline Junior Member
    I am in the same boat as you. I worked out for 5 years without legs until a few months ago. I tried going heavy at first but did not have good form and I never got stronger. Once I took the time to learn the correct squat form, the strength gains came extremely fast. When I started a few months ago 200 was difficult. Now I can rep 8-10 reps at 405 with no problem. You will be surprised how quick the strength comes.

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    legs are the most important thing to workout, u dont want to look like a snow cone do u..haha

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrizzum
    I am in the same boat as you. I worked out for 5 years without legs until a few months ago. I tried going heavy at first but did not have good form and I never got stronger. Once I took the time to learn the correct squat form, the strength gains came extremely fast. When I started a few months ago 200 was difficult. Now I can rep 8-10 reps at 405 with no problem. You will be surprised how quick the strength comes.
    D@mn thats a big jump bro. especially after 2 months of never working out legs. I wouldnt give his hopes up with those kind of results after just 2 months, though.

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    PFFFFFF you never do squat or leg press and youre starting steroids ?

How long have you been working out?
    Do you have a diet plan laid out with grams of protein, carbs and fats?

my diet consists roughly of 3000-3500 calories (more after i start the cycle). i track my diet very religously and stay as close to 40/40/20% carbs/protein/fat as i can. I use a program called Crosstrainer II that helps make this super easy. I have been working out very solid since I was 21 (24 now...on and off since 16.

My diet/workout/strength (at least upper body) isnt the issue. To be honest, I am not going to wait until my legs are where they 'should be' before starting.

im doing this mostly for strength gains than I am true body building.

Chrizzum is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    D@mn thats a big jump bro. especially after 2 months of never working out legs. I wouldnt give his hopes up with those kind of results after just 2 months, though.
    3 months. At some point, you get tired of having chicken legs. Even though my gains seem minimal since my upper body will not stop growing

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    I am not going to wait until my legs are where they 'should be' before starting.

PFFFFF

well its your body, man, have fun

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    my diet consists roughly of 3000-3500 calories (more after i start the cycle). i track my diet very religously and stay as close to 40/40/20% carbs/protein/fat as i can. I use a program called Crosstrainer II that helps make this super easy. I have been working out very solid since I was 21 (24 now...on and off since 16.

My diet/workout/strength (at least upper body) isnt the issue. To be honest, I am not going to wait until my legs are where they 'should be' before starting.

im doing this mostly for strength gains than I am true body building.
    Man I am not trying to flame u... but shiet your first cycle and you have never trained legs??? WTF.... your upper body learns from your lower body, and when you train legs more testosterone is released throughout the whole body.. I have grown and gained strength by not training upper body and focusing on legs.. I think it's dumb to be starting a cycle when you are not training your whole body.. Please tell me you at least do deadlifts?

Thread Information