jgg1221 is offline Member

rest time for body builders vs. rest time for power lifters

i know body builders rest shorter periods to let their muscles fill up with water...
    while power lifters rest long periods to let them get defined & dense

well, ideally... how much longer does a power lifter rest compared to a body builder....?

would a body builder work a muscle (directly work it; ie - work triceps twice a week and ignoring benching as something that works the tri's) twice a week versus working it only once a week?

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    PL: rest until they are fully recovered. 3-5 miutes, sometimes longer
    BB: rest until they are short of recovery. 1-3 minutes, as numbers will vary

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgg1221
    i know body builders rest shorter periods to let their muscles fill up with water...
    while power lifters rest long periods to let them get defined & dense

well, ideally... how much longer does a power lifter rest compared to a body builder....?

would a body builder work a muscle (directly work it; ie - work triceps twice a week and ignoring benching as something that works the tri's) twice a week versus working it only once a week?
    Bodybuilders generaly take shorter rests because of conditioning and intensity... Power lifters are lifting balls to the wall and to recover strength they require a longer peroid of rest. Im not sure I understand the last part of your question ...... but both powerlifters and bodybuilders for the most part will directly hit each and every muscle, since secondary muscles help during core lifts

jgg1221 is offline Member
    well i guess i thought the difference was by how many days you rest instead of how many minutes between sets

Thread Information