jonnytour is offline Member

Question Cardio or lifting first??

I have a simple question for you. My wife is going to start working out again. Because of time restraints we will be working Monday mid morning, Wed early morning, Thurs early, and Friday evening. Now she wants to lose some fat (particularly off her thighs and butt) and add some lean muscle. She will be working out with me. I have allready read that she will be perfectly fine doing the same exercises as me but weight appropriate. My question is: Should I have her lift first, then do some cardio, or the other way around? Like I said earlier we have time constraints and only will be able to get to the gym at the times stated above, so early morning cardio and evening lifting won't work. She was severly discouraged because she did not get any results from previously working out, and I want to make sure that this doesn't happen again. I know diet has tons to do with results, and will be making sure everything is lined out in that area as well. Thanks for the info!

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    bump

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Lift first, then cardio not too much 55-65%MHR. Or instead of working out 4 days you can lift mon, wed, fri instead of 4 days and thursday do only cardio in am like you stated empty stomach or just a water/protein(no fat) drink like iso pure.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Lift first, then cardio not too much 55-65%MHR. Or instead of working out 4 days you can lift mon, wed, fri instead of 4 days and thursday do only cardio in am like you stated empty stomach or just a water/protein(no fat) drink like iso pure.
    Thanks bluethunder. I appreciate the info. I posted this as well in the ladies forum and got about the same answer. I appreciate your time and help.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Thanks for the link Blown. I see everybody has a different opinion on the matter. I guess I will just have to experiment and see what works best for her and me. Thanx again, and I will keep everybody updated.

Thread Information