gino_slayer is offline Associate Member

DC Training Questions

I have a few:

I know it says to keep an open mind when doing this method, and I definitely am, but I still have to ask whether or not this is enough when I start my cycle?

The transition phase from coming off a cycle and recovery... are you supposed to still be gaining strength over that period of time or just maintaining it?

When cutting, does the same strength gain rule apply?

thanx

Swellin Guest
    You will not be gaining strength during pct. During cutting, many people simply use straight sets instead of rp's and statics.

As for being enough while on cycle...you better believe it. In fact, you will not be able to blast nearly as long on cyucle as you did off cycle.

Off cycle, I can blast for 6-8 weeks before my body starts telling me to back off. On cycle, my body starts telling me to back off around week four. If I don't start my cruise by week 6, I am in trouble! The reason for this is the strength gains you make on cycle. You are increasing the weight useed during each session.....more than you would when off cycle. This is more taxing on the body, and burns you out much faster.

I didn't believe this when it was told to me, but I sure believe it now that I have treid it both ways.

ok so what happens when my body starts burning out... do I switch to a different method of training or just maintain the strength for a bit and then start blasting again?

Swellin Guest
    Do you understand what cruising is? It is one of the primary components of DC training. When you cruise, you do straight sets with no rest pauses and no statics. This lessens the load on your body, and it gives you a little break for your body to recover.

A cruise usually lasts 2-4 weeks, depending on how long you blasted and how bad your body feels at the end of the blast, and into the cruise. You will be amazed at how rapidly you recover while cruising. That alone is a testament to the rp's and statics.

oh... i didnt know that... ive only read the one long article about DC training and I didnt see anything written about cruising there. So when I'm cruising do I still have to increase my load or is it just basically maintanence for 2 - 4 weeks?

Swellin Guest
    Maintenance.

Bro, that one article just scratches the surface. You need to do some more research on this one to get the full idea. I bet I spent 40 hours doing research and was still not 100% on some things. There is a guy who checks in here from time to time...In-Human. He is a mod in Dante's forum. He helps lots of folks. Maybe he will see this one and have an idea what to tell you.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Could you give us a link to Dante's forum?

Swellin Guest
    You got it. Read over there. Read lots before posting. Tons of great DC info and plenty of helpful folks.http://www.intensemuscle.com/

thanx for all the help bro... i thought the was the only article out to this date........ I was very mistake

Swellin Guest
    Tons of info my man...there are tons of info out there. Some of it seems to be conflicting at times, but mostly it is just dated. When you run into a discrepancy, ask away. If the guys here can't help, ask the guys at IM, or search IM first.

Good luck bro...this program is unreal!

Thread Information