Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    justin2305's Avatar
    justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,552

    my workout split?!?!?!

    hey bros ive just put together a workout routine that seems to be working prety good for me yall let me no what yall thiink bout it and please comment thanks a bunch

    Monday
    Chest:
    Bench (barbell)
    Incline (dumbbell)
    Incline fly’s
    Dips
    Triceps:
    Close grip bench
    Skull crushers
    Abs

    Tuesday
    Quad’s:
    Squat
    Lunges with barbell
    Hamstrings:
    Laying hamstring curl
    Delts:
    Front raises dumbbell
    Seated side lateral raises
    Calf’s

    Wednesday
    Biceps:
    Standing barbell curls
    One arm dumbbell curls
    Standing hammer curls
    Reverse grip cable curls (Straight-bar)
    Back:
    Pull-ups
    Seated cable rows
    Abs

    Thursday
    Traps:
    Dumbbell shrugs
    Barbell shrugs behind back
    Delts:
    Side lateral fly’s (L-shape)
    Shoulder press
    Seated fly’s
    Calf’s

    Friday
    Triceps:
    Cable pull-downs (Straight-bar)
    Over dumbbell extensions
    One arm cable kick backs
    Rope press downs
    Chest:
    Incline dumbbell press
    Pec-dec fly’s
    abs

    Saturday
    Back:
    Dead lifts
    T-bar rows
    Seated cable rows
    Bis:
    Dumbbell preacher curls
    Rope cable hammer curls
    Calf’s

    Sunday
    Rest

    on the days that say abs or calfs at the bottom i do around 3-4things for abs and for calfs ill do 2-3 different exercises for them... just wanted a lil input before i make this one final for a few months or so but of course ill be changing it up a lil bit from time to time to shock my muscles i appriciate it guys thanks alot

  2. #2
    ReX357's Avatar
    ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,845
    How long are workouts during usually?

  3. #3
    6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    murfreesboro
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by justin2305
    hey bros ive just put together a workout routine that seems to be working prety good for me yall let me no what yall thiink bout it and please comment thanks a bunch

    Monday
    Chest:
    Bench (barbell)
    Incline (dumbbell)
    Incline fly’s
    Dips
    Triceps:
    Close grip bench
    Skull crushers
    Abs

    Tuesday
    Quad’s:
    Squat
    Lunges with barbell
    Hamstrings:
    Laying hamstring curl
    Delts:
    Front raises dumbbell
    Seated side lateral raises
    Calf’s

    Wednesday
    Biceps:
    Standing barbell curls
    One arm dumbbell curls
    Standing hammer curls
    Reverse grip cable curls (Straight-bar)
    Back:
    Pull-ups
    Seated cable rows
    Abs

    Thursday
    Traps:
    Dumbbell shrugs
    Barbell shrugs behind back
    Delts:
    Side lateral fly’s (L-shape)
    Shoulder press
    Seated fly’s
    Calf’s

    Friday
    Triceps:
    Cable pull-downs (Straight-bar)
    Over dumbbell extensions
    One arm cable kick backs
    Rope press downs
    Chest:
    Incline dumbbell press
    Pec-dec fly’s
    abs

    Saturday
    Back:
    Dead lifts
    T-bar rows
    Seated cable rows
    Bis:
    Dumbbell preacher curls
    Rope cable hammer curls
    Calf’s

    Sunday
    Rest

    on the days that say abs or calfs at the bottom i do around 3-4things for abs and for calfs ill do 2-3 different exercises for them... just wanted a lil input before i make this one final for a few months or so but of course ill be changing it up a lil bit from time to time to shock my muscles i appriciate it guys thanks alot
    First off- just reading this makes me hurt all over. For accurate critique, post set/rep scheme. I see that your prioritizing your muscle groups. I dont like the way you did it. When your fresher during the beginning of the week, you want to do bis first, then back?? Mon and Tues routine seems fine, but you need to incorporate SLDL for hammys. Wednesday-- How the h*ll can you do bis before back??? Your back requires alot of work, while your bis, especially after back, do not. I would switch the order, immediately. you do realize that your doing double the amount of exercise for bis than you are back?? WHY??? NO DEADLIFTS?? Very important core exercise that will stimulate growth, like squats, everywhere. You have prioritization issues that definitely need to be addressed!!! Thursday-- Same issues. Dont waste your energy on traps, do delts first!!!! No back delt exercises(reverse flys). This along with legs, is probably the most neglected muscle group. From the front you may look proportional, from the side view, "WHERED YU GO"! OK SATURDAY i see your doing deads, GOOD, i just couldnt put forth the intensity that it takes to do back twice a week. If your really stuck on this routine, at least switch saturday and wednesday workouts. Friday- this makes no sense to me at all. Doing tris before chest. I understand your thought process for this, but, to put it simple, its a waste of time. If your gonna do a split like this,again, at least keep tris last and chest first in your workout. I hope your diet/recovery/ and massive amounts of roids are being used, as you will most likely be overtraining. What is your training experience?in yrs? Did you get this routine from arnold swerzenegger, ronnie, or any other pro bodybuilder?? It sounds like it. Your doing tris and bis,basically, 4x a week. Why are delts,traps, and legs not worked 2x/w??? Ran out of days and thought sunday would be sufficient enough for recovering? Sorry bro, imo youre not going to grow with this exact routine. And with the time your putting in, its just a waste. If your intensity is high,imo, one bodypart a week is sufficient. The problem is intensity levels. Also how in the world can you do back after legs. Squatting is pretty hard on your back. Doing back the day after legs is not at all recommended. I leave 2 days between back and legs for sufficient recovery. I think there may be some issues with your intensity levels, but then again, you may be that rare individual that can sustain and grow with the beating your puttin on yourself, so WHAT THE H*LL DO I KNOW...

  4. #4
    Natural1's Avatar
    Natural1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    First off- just reading this makes me hurt all over. For accurate critique, post set/rep scheme. I see that your prioritizing your muscle groups. I dont like the way you did it. When your fresher during the beginning of the week, you want to do bis first, then back?? Mon and Tues routine seems fine, but you need to incorporate SLDL for hammys. Wednesday-- How the h*ll can you do bis before back??? Your back requires alot of work, while your bis, especially after back, do not. I would switch the order, immediately. you do realize that your doing double the amount of exercise for bis than you are back?? WHY??? NO DEADLIFTS?? Very important core exercise that will stimulate growth, like squats, everywhere. You have prioritization issues that definitely need to be addressed!!! Thursday-- Same issues. Dont waste your energy on traps, do delts first!!!! No back delt exercises(reverse flys). This along with legs, is probably the most neglected muscle group. From the front you may look proportional, from the side view, "WHERED YU GO"! OK SATURDAY i see your doing deads, GOOD, i just couldnt put forth the intensity that it takes to do back twice a week. If your really stuck on this routine, at least switch saturday and wednesday workouts. Friday- this makes no sense to me at all. Doing tris before chest. I understand your thought process for this, but, to put it simple, its a waste of time. If your gonna do a split like this,again, at least keep tris last and chest first in your workout. I hope your diet/recovery/ and massive amounts of roids are being used, as you will most likely be overtraining. What is your training experience?in yrs? Did you get this routine from arnold swerzenegger, ronnie, or any other pro bodybuilder?? It sounds like it. Your doing tris and bis,basically, 4x a week. Why are delts,traps, and legs not worked 2x/w??? Ran out of days and thought sunday would be sufficient enough for recovering? Sorry bro, imo youre not going to grow with this exact routine. And with the time your putting in, its just a waste. If your intensity is high,imo, one bodypart a week is sufficient. The problem is intensity levels. Also how in the world can you do back after legs. Squatting is pretty hard on your back. Doing back the day after legs is not at all recommended. I leave 2 days between back and legs for sufficient recovery. I think there may be some issues with your intensity levels, but then again, you may be that rare individual that can sustain and grow with the beating your puttin on yourself, so WHAT THE H*LL DO I KNOW...
    Is that all you had to say?

  5. #5
    6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    murfreesboro
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural1
    Is that all you had to say?

    Na...Didnt feel the need to elaborate!!!!!

  6. #6
    justin2305's Avatar
    justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,552
    6 pak i do dead lifts on saturday and this is just a workout that i threw together that is somewhat similar to my workouts now ive tried the whole one muscle a week thing and i didnt work as well as somthing like this i have noticed that i get stronger and bigger when i workout like this in comparison to the other workout routines but thanks for the thought and imput

  7. #7
    6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    murfreesboro
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by justin2305
    6 pak i do dead lifts on saturday and this is just a workout that i threw together that is somewhat similar to my workouts now ive tried the whole one muscle a week thing and i didnt work as well as somthing like this i have noticed that i get stronger and bigger when i workout like this in comparison to the other workout routines but thanks for the thought and imput
    Like i said WHAT THE HELL DO I KNOW.... whatever works for you, bro!!!!

  8. #8
    justin2305's Avatar
    justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    Like i said WHAT THE HELL DO I KNOW.... whatever works for you, bro!!!!
    its so weird how ppl are so different in growing and muscle development i wonder y that is all the time huh LOL dunno but thanks a bunch

  9. #9
    jkoehn1's Avatar
    jkoehn1 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    31
    I never do 3 days in a row without rest during intense training.

  10. #10
    justin2305's Avatar
    justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,552
    aight guys i did a lil changing with it let me no what yall think now this one seems a lil more understanding and somewhat how my workouts have been just a lil different here it is.....

    Chest:
    Bench (barbell) (1 20) (1 10) (2 8) (2 6)
    Incline (dumbbell) (3 8)
    Incline fly’s (3 10)
    Dips (2 20)
    Triceps:
    Close grip bench (3 8)
    Skull crushers (3 8)
    Abs

    Tuesday Monday
    Quad’s:
    Squat (2 15) (1 10) (2 8)
    Lunges with barbell (2 20)
    Hamstrings:
    Laying hamstring curl (3 12)
    Delts:
    Front raises dumbbell (2 12)
    Seated side lateral raises (2 12)
    Calf’s

    Wednesday
    Back:
    Deadlift (2 10) (2 6)
    T bar lat pull downs (2 10) (2 8)
    Seated cable rows (2 10)
    Abs
    Biceps:
    Standing barbell curls (4 8)
    Standing hammer curls (3 8)
    Abs

    Thursday
    Traps:
    Dumbbell shrugs (2 10) (2 8)
    Barbell shrugs behind back (4 8)
    Delts:
    Side lateral fly’s (L-shape) (3 10)
    Shoulder press (2 10)
    Seated fly’s (3 10)
    Calf’s

    Friday
    Triceps:
    Cable pull-downs (Straight-bar) (2 12) (2 10)
    Over dumbbell extensions (3 8)
    One arm cable kick backs (3 12)
    Rope press downs (2 12)
    Biceps:
    Barbell curl (3 8)
    2hand over head cable curls (3 10)
    Hammer curls (2 8)
    Reverse grip cable curls (2 10)
    Abs

    Saturday
    Rest

    Sunday
    Rest

    oh and i also have my sets and reps in this one if it matters thanks guys

  11. #11
    justin2305's Avatar
    justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,552
    oops the monday is for the chest day the first one sorry bout that

  12. #12
    justin2305's Avatar
    justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,552
    bump^^^

  13. #13
    Jantzen4k's Avatar
    Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    $ Make The World Go Round
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by justin2305
    hey bros ive just put together a workout routine that seems to be working prety good for me yall let me no what yall thiink bout it and please comment thanks a bunch

    Monday
    Chest:
    Bench (barbell)
    Incline (dumbbell)
    Incline fly’s
    Dips
    Triceps:
    Close grip bench
    Skull crushers
    Abs

    Tuesday
    Quad’s:
    Squat
    Lunges with barbell
    Hamstrings:
    Laying hamstring curl
    Delts:
    Front raises dumbbell
    Seated side lateral raises
    Calf’s

    Wednesday
    Biceps:
    Standing barbell curls
    One arm dumbbell curls
    Standing hammer curls
    Reverse grip cable curls (Straight-bar)
    Back:
    Pull-ups
    Seated cable rows
    Abs

    Thursday
    Traps:
    Dumbbell shrugs
    Barbell shrugs behind back
    Delts:
    Side lateral fly’s (L-shape)
    Shoulder press
    Seated fly’s
    Calf’s

    Friday
    Triceps:
    Cable pull-downs (Straight-bar)
    Over dumbbell extensions
    One arm cable kick backs
    Rope press downs
    Chest:
    Incline dumbbell press
    Pec-dec fly’s
    abs

    Saturday
    Back:
    Dead lifts
    T-bar rows
    Seated cable rows
    Bis:
    Dumbbell preacher curls
    Rope cable hammer curls
    Calf’s

    Sunday
    Rest

    on the days that say abs or calfs at the bottom i do around 3-4things for abs and for calfs ill do 2-3 different exercises for them... just wanted a lil input before i make this one final for a few months or so but of course ill be changing it up a lil bit from time to time to shock my muscles i appriciate it guys thanks alot
    looks like a good work out, let us know how it goes mate


    j4k

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •