chinups Guest

A woman for a workout partner

I recently started working out with my girl and I wanted to know if I need to adjust my workouts for her. I mean could she really just do what I do exaclty except for the weight and the reps? Calling all woman!!

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I used to work out with a woman, my old training partner.....was helping her get ready for a show. Yes you'll have to either change up your workout or just do your lifts as you normally do between sets. Usually women work out with less weight and higher reps.....really depends on what your goals are compaired to hers. If you're both bulking, which I don't see women doing often, then you'll be on the same page but if you're bulking and she's cutting then it's a whole different ball game. Best thing to do is have two bars set up, one for her with her weights and another for you set with your weights and then you each do your sets and reps, while you rest she does hers and while you do yours she rests.

I enjoyed working out with my partner.......the macho gene kicks in....no man wants a woman outworking him in the gym.

chinups Guest
    Its like another work out within my workout taking off and puttin on the weight. Sux cause I never let her open a door never mind remove a weight. Just the way I was raised but its going to suck!!!

jonnytour is offline Member
    My wife is planning on lifting with me. I will be adjusting the weight/reps for her. I have heard that there are some exercises that a woman should not do but have never heard what they are. Anyone know anything more about that?? Don't mean to hi-jack bro. Thought it might be along the same lines as your question. Just PM me if you want me to remove my post.

Keep on keepin on!
    Jonny.

Quote Originally Posted by chinups
    Its like another work out within my workout taking off and puttin on the weight. Sux cause I never let her open a door never mind remove a weight. Just the way I was raised but its going to suck!!!
    That's why I suggest you have two of whatever you're going to lift ready so you don't have to do so much changing of the weights. And let her do a little work as well.....I'm like you but if it saves time then let her kick in. Go through your workout as to what you want to do so that you've a game plan....anything to keep the pace moving and limiting breaks will help. When we, my partner and I, worked out me had a rule of no talking other than what we are setting up and what to move onto next.

I hear ya bro! Nice to have her there lifting with you though isn't it?? Always better to have this kind of thing in common with your gf!

chinups Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnytour
    My wife is planning on lifting with me. I will be adjusting the weight/reps for her. I have heard that there are some exercises that a woman should not do but have never heard what they are. Anyone know anything more about that?? Don't mean to hi-jack bro. Thought it might be along the same lines as your question. Just PM me if you want me to remove my post.

Keep on keepin on!
    Jonny.
    Never..It is along the same lines, I am curious too

chinups Guest
    I hear ya bro! Nice to have her there lifting with you though isn't it?? Always better to have this kind of thing in common with your gf!
    My girl has great genetics. I can't wait to see her respond very quickly. Its a project for me, my frankenstein

Keep on keepin on!
    Jonny.
    Generally you'll find that women aren't so much into doing squats....most think it'll make their butts larger.....don't try and argue with them, they won't listen. Instead of squats have them do squats with a ball behind their back against a wall holding some dumbbells...less diffucult and they can do them and not injure their backs in the process....good idea for you to try these as well. Step-ups and lunges are a MUST.....tell her it'll make her butt look good.....which belive you me it does....big time. Keep shoulder and trap workouts to minium for the ladies....they don't need to look like a linebacker.....light weight wiht a good amount of reps should do the trick. Abs, arms and tris are pretty good to do the same type of lifts as you do...less weight again. Back the same...light weight.

chinups Guest
    I have been telling her for like 2 yrs she is going to do squats every other day!! hahah...And she is it is mandatory, LOL...Her butt is nice now but in 2 months it will be perfect!!!! Lunges are vey important right......Our first day doing legs. Def doing squats and lunges and I may suggest doing squats 2 days a week

I have been telling her for like 2 yrs she is going to do squats every other day!! hahah...And she is it is mandatory, LOL...Her butt is nice now but in 2 months it will be perfect!!!! Lunges are vey important right......Our first day doing legs. Def doing squats and lunges and I may suggest doing squats 2 days a week
    if you plan on doing legs twice a week then split the muscle groups. Do ham/glute exercises one day and quads the next time. I've found that huitting one group first takes everyting out of me to the point I have to lighten the weight to get through the next muscle group. By splitting them you hit each group freash and are able to really get the most out of your muscles.

If you did split them then doing Ham/glutes you could go with:
    Lunges
    sumo squats
    leg curls
    SLD's

For quads:
    Front squats (really targets quads very well....don't go to heavy, kinda hard to hold really heavy loads on the front of your delts)
    Step-ups
    Reverse lunges
    leg extentions

chinups Guest
    I am not doing legs twice a week, LOL!! I mean I love legs and look forward to them. This would be for my girl cause all she cares about is her butt and legs

I am not doing legs twice a week, LOL!! I mean I love legs and look forward to them. This would be for my girl cause all she cares about is her butt and legs
    You look forward to them? You're a sick man....I look forward to them as well, I do them twice a week, but I get sick right before I start each time.....I know it's going to burn like hell. Best feeling with doing legs is when it's over....and sometimes that happens when I wake up from passing out. hahahaha

If she's wanting a nice round and seperated bottom then step-ups and lunges are THE ticket. Every other week lighten the load for her but make her do double the reps and as fast as she can do the set....rest for 30-60 seconds and then do the next set...do this till you've finished all her sets for that exercise. DO NOT TELL HER SHE"LL BE SORE AFTER DONIG LEGS.....she'll dread doing them the next time. Let it be a surprise and then tell her it gets easier the next time...which it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    Generally you'll find that women aren't so much into doing squats....most think it'll make their butts larger.....don't try and argue with them, they won't listen. Instead of squats have them do squats with a ball behind their back against a wall holding some dumbbells...less diffucult and they can do them and not injure their backs in the process....good idea for you to try these as well. Step-ups and lunges are a MUST.....tell her it'll make her butt look good.....which belive you me it does....big time. Keep shoulder and trap workouts to minium for the ladies....they don't need to look like a linebacker.....light weight wiht a good amount of reps should do the trick. Abs, arms and tris are pretty good to do the same type of lifts as you do...less weight again. Back the same...light weight.
    Dude are you saying that I shouldn't even try to get her to do squats? I don't have to argue with her. She'll do what I tell her to do....or rather ask her to do . What about deads? Are those a pretty useless lift for women? I mean....how big does she really want to get??? Basically my wife is looking to lose some fat and gain soem lean muscle...and firm up a bit, partuicularly in the butt area. So, Lunges, and step ups are in. Squats with a ball against a wall. Will normal squats actualy make her butt look bigger? Or do women just think that? Yhanx for the info Juggy!!

Dude are you saying that I shouldn't even try to get her to do squats? I don't have to argue with her. She'll do what I tell her to do....or rather ask her to do . What about deads? Are those a pretty useless lift for women? I mean....how big does she really want to get??? Basically my wife is looking to lose some fat and gain soem lean muscle...and firm up a bit, partuicularly in the butt area. So, Lunges, and step ups are in. Squats with a ball against a wall. Will normal squats actualy make her butt look bigger? Or do women just think that? Yhanx for the info Juggy!!
    not at all, if she'll do squats then let her do them...no they won't make her butt bigger. Deads are another lift you'll not see many women doing....like you said they aren't really looking to bulk. Of course they are great but have her do them with dumbbells and not heavy if she's willing to give them a try.

You look forward to them? You're a sick man....I look forward to them as well, I do them twice a week, but I get sick right before I start each time.....I know it's going to burn like hell. Best feeling with doing legs is when it's over....and sometimes that happens when I wake up from passing out. hahahaha

If she's wanting a nice round and seperated bottom then step-ups and lunges are THE ticket. Every other week lighten the load for her but make her do double the reps and as fast as she can do the set....rest for 30-60 seconds and then do the next set...do this till you've finished all her sets for that exercise. DO NOT TELL HER SHE"LL BE SORE AFTER DONIG LEGS.....she'll dread doing them the next time. Let it be a surprise and then tell her it gets easier the next time...which it will.
    You sir a re a sneaky S.O.B. I like it! # of sets/reps??

not at all, if she'll do squats then let her do them...no they won't make her butt bigger. Deads are another lift you'll not see many women doing....like you said they aren't really looking to bulk. Of course they are great but have her do them with dumbbells and not heavy if she's willing to give them a try.

Thanks again for the info Juggy! Much appreciated! You sir are a good man. I don;t care what DeccaDbol says about you....you're all right in my books!

chinups Guest
    LOL!!

Yo so when I do shoulders and delts I should just have her maybe do a couple exercises and maybe 2 sets of each with high reps. Cause she has requested lil to no development in her shoulder region. She has to work them but just light I am guessing

You sir a re a sneaky S.O.B. I like it! # of sets/reps??
    My partner liked doing about four to five sets of a particular exercise with about 12-15 reps per set....now you see the reason for lighter weights.....dependng on the muscle group....I wouldn't suggest five sets of arm curls...know what I mean?

Also change up the exercises to keep them guessing.....if you did squats last week then do ball squats the next....the following week do a one legged squat with a smith machine....something different and then go back to what you did the first time and repeat the process.

LOL!!

Yo so when I do shoulders and delts I should just have her maybe do a couple exercises and maybe 2 sets of each with high reps. Cause she has requested lil to no development in her shoulder region. She has to work them but just light I am guessing
    Spot on bro......if you're like me I like a nice neck to nibble on now and then....a girl without a neck can't be a good thing. hahahaha

Thanks again for the info Juggy! Much appreciated! You sir are a good man. I don;t care what DeccaDbol says about you....you're all right in my books!
    he's just mad cause I didn't call after our date. hahahahaha

My partner liked doing about four to five sets of a particular exercise with about 12-15 reps per set....now you see the reason for lighter weights.....dependng on the muscle group....I wouldn't suggest five sets of arm curls...know what I mean?

Also change up the exercises to keep them guessing.....if you did squats last week then do ball squats the next....the following week do a one legged squat with a smith machine....something different and then go back to what you did the first time and repeat the process.

Excellent! Thanx bud. You sir are a plethera of info on how to train with a woman. Glad to find someone with some experience in this field. Of course ttu and CB would have some great info as well I am sure.....They just ain't around! Perhaps you should be made a female Mod Jug's?!?!?! J/K

Excellent! Thanx bud. You sir are a plethera of info on how to train with a woman. Glad to find someone with some experience in this field. Of course ttu and CB would have some great info as well I am sure.....They just ain't around! Perhaps you should be made a female Mod Jug's?!?!?! J/K
    That would be cool......I've the breasts for it. hahahahaha

That would be cool......I've the breasts for it. hahahahaha
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Win94 is offline New Member
    In 13 years of this game, i never took any dude serious if he trained with a woman. Unless she had serious competition credentials or experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Win94
    In 13 years of this game, i never took any dude serious if he trained with a woman. Unless she had serious competition credentials or experience.
    And your reason for posting was? Maybe some guys like to workout with a woman because they enjoy it. Not everyone in the iron game is in it to get huge. Open up bro....try women....you might like them. hahahaha

The woman I trained with placed 3rd and 2nd in two comps. But that's not the reason I trained with her......she had something going for her that I find lacking in a lot of partners......drive, determination and commitment.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    Don't change your workout. Build hers around yours. She can do the same moves as you but increase reps or weight depending on goals. I've trained with guys often and I hear more than anything that my workout is more intense than theirs.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I've always had male partners and never adjusted my workout from theirs.....I just didn't lift as much as they did.

Squats, deads, clean and jerk.....(minds out of gutters), pull ups, dips, etc... I did it all.

I also don't believe in low weight high reps. I belive in high weight high reps...until I can't move it anymore...then get a couple more with some assistance.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

And did any of them care if you didn't take them serious?

I don't have any credentials....except my success in the gym and the knowledge on diet and working out that I have gained during my time. When people come up to me and my boyfriend...he ALWAYS deferrs to me on diet questions...why because I know what Im talking about. Oh and he is the one with the competitions under his belt.

Your attitude is a bit arrogant but you are entitled to your opinion.

3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd never train w/a woman.

Yeah, I said it.

~SC~

Nice Thank you. And there's no reason why you can't get big when training with a female.

And your reason for posting was? Maybe some guys like to workout with a woman because they enjoy it. Not everyone in the iron game is in it to get huge. Open up bro....try women....you might like them. hahahaha

The woman I trained with placed 3rd and 2nd in two comps. But that's not the reason I trained with her......she had something going for her that I find lacking in a lot of partners......drive, determination and commitment.

However, I was only kidding!

I once trained with a fine ass Latina who was all into me, but I had to cut that short.
    I was losing focus! Everytime she would do a curl or press and grunt and make these noises I would totally zone out and think about us in the bedroom.

That part DID come later.

~SC~

You aren't very nice you know it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'd never train w/a woman.

Yeah, I said it.

~SC~

Working out is the ultimate pre-foreplay for me . Workout hard, nice hot shower....and some post workout sex ......and another hot shower......and some more post workout sex .

However, I was only kidding!

I once trained with a fine ass Latina who was all into me, but I had to cut that short.
    I was losing focus! Everytime she would do a curl or press and grunt and make these noises I would totally zone out and think about us in the bedroom.

That part DID come later.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    You aren't very nice you know it!!!
    Did you see the response I put right after? (your post got in between my next post)

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    Working out is the ultimate pre-foreplay for me . Workout hard, nice hot shower....and some post workout sex ......and another hot shower......and some more post workout sex .
    Yeah, that is pretty much how it was. Hell, sometimes we wouldn't wait and just got in on in the car in the parking lot. It was December, so it was dark at 5 p.m., so come 6:30 we were in the back of her Honda (tinted limo windows) bumpin' uglies for some post workout cardio.

Man, that was the sh*t.

~SC~

LOL Ya I still love you

Did you see the response I put right after? (your post got in between my next post)

~SC~

LOL See there are benifits! As long as you are a good boy and focus on your workout...you get a nice reward afterwards.

Watching my boyfriend teach his martial arts class has the same effect on me. Hmm hmm ok now I need a cold

Yeah, that is pretty much how it was. Hell, sometimes we wouldn't wait and just got in on in the car in the parking lot. It was December, so it was dark at 5 p.m., so come 6:30 we were in the back of her Honda (tinted limo windows) bumpin' uglies for some post workout cardio.

Man, that was the sh*t.

~SC~

chinups Guest
    When I push 150 dumbells for 5-6 on inclien ppl will take me seriously!! hahaha

mfenske is offline Member
    I recently started working out with my girl and I wanted to know if I need to adjust my workouts for her. I mean could she really just do what I do exaclty except for the weight and the reps? Calling all woman!!
    I train with my wife whenever I can. There is no need for her to do sissy weights for 7,000 reps. My wife and I both follow a MAX-OT style training. She continues to get stronger (benches 120, squats 190, deads 200) and leaner. She's a great partner/spotter/motivator. Go for it, man! Mark

Thread Information