Quote Originally Posted by xxxplosive
    Monday: chest and shoulders
    Tues: 45 min cardio , Stomach
    Weds: Triceps and Biceps
    Thurs: 45 min cardio stomach
    Fri: Legs and Back
    Sat: 45 Min Cardio stomach
    Sun: Rest
    No, imo not a good split. Why train bis before back. Switch wednesday and friday workouts.

and don't train bi's and tri's on the same day. put bi's with back and tri's with chest. you'll know why afterwards.

HammerCurler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YounG_SluG11
    and don't train bi's and tri's on the same day. put bi's with back and tri's with chest. you'll know why afterwards.
    Why do you say this slug? I'm asking because in the past I would train bi's/tri's on the same day and enjoyed doing so. Now i've created a split that includes tri's on Chest day and bi's on Back day, but I preferred the first method as I felt I was getting a better overall arm workout.

I do 8 reps of skull crushers/close grip bench (4 each, sometimes throwing in a 3rd exercise but staying at 8 intense reps) - I do this after I work my chest.
    For bi's on back day it is back 1st and then 6 intense reps of bicep work outs (barbell curls, and Hammer curls) after I work the back with deads etc...

What reasons are there for thinking the the new split is better than arms on 1 day? (I haven't used the 2nd split for long enough to see any differing results, but I am wondering if switching to it was the right choice,...or if it makes much of a difference at all)

BEAR101 is offline Associate Member
    Do u leave time for forarms and abs?

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    ya i agree, i did chest/tri and back/bi and i didnt like it much. i switched to tris/bi's and my arms are growing. i guess cause u hit them 2 times a week..jmo

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    legs/back is a retarded workout IMO.

Do you do your cardio in the AM on an empty stomach?

What are your goals... cutting? bulking?

xenithon is offline Member
    Goals and stats are needed otherwise advice may be futile. As a general comment though I would say that if you want a 3-day split then a classic push/pull/legs is what I recommend.

X

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969

Do you do your cardio in the AM on an empty stomach?

What are your goals... cutting? bulking?
    I agree.. Man if your training your legs appropriatly then you CANNOT train another large muscle group in that same day

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    That split is pretty bad. If you can do anything after legs... you didn't work them hard enough.

xxxplosive is offline New Member

ok..

im 5'9" 215 a lot of muscle mass, im looking to lose fat gain muscle, well when i do chest and shoulders on monday, i sometimes feel as if im workin out my triceps also, i feel burn in them, havin to do Triceps on Weds would that be to short of a time from Monday to Weds for them to heal? oo, where should i throw legs and back in?

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    You need a 4 day split. Chest, Back/bi's, Shoulers/tri's, Legs.

will too much cardio effect my muscle growth?

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    No, imo not a good split. Why train bis before back. Switch wednesday and friday workouts.
    If you keep the workout mentionned in the first post, do what he sais above.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerCurler
    Why do you say this slug? I'm asking because in the past I would train bi's/tri's on the same day and enjoyed doing so. Now i've created a split that includes tri's on Chest day and bi's on Back day, but I preferred the first method as I felt I was getting a better overall arm workout.
    I feel the same bro...

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    True. Too much strain on your lower back.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999
    You need a 4 day split. Chest, Back/bi's, Shoulers/tri's, Legs.
    Good advice. I would personally go for that if I were you (Considering your situation)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerCurler

I do 8 reps of skull crushers/close grip bench (4 each, sometimes throwing in a 3rd exercise but staying at 8 intense reps) - I do this after I work my chest.
    For bi's on back day it is back 1st and then 6 intense reps of bicep work outs (barbell curls, and Hammer curls) after I work the back with deads etc...

What reasons are there for thinking the the new split is better than arms on 1 day? (I haven't used the 2nd split for long enough to see any differing results, but I am wondering if switching to it was the right choice,...or if it makes much of a difference at all)
    Well if what you're doin now is workin then don't change it. The reason I put back with bi's and chest with tri's is because when you do back you're also killin your biceps so it's good to put them together. And when you do chest, you're workin parts of your tri's. I changed to a split like that and it's workin really good so far.

Jock191 is offline Associate Member

To tell you the truth you shouldnt really train your back and bi's and chest and tri's if you want your secondary muscles to grow.. When you train your back and bis or chest and tris together are you really gonna get that great of a bi or tri workout? No b/c they are all ready fatigued. Slug I want you to try that doing that.. Arms on there own day.. Your always will grow better and they will be less fatigued.

jaffry20 is offline Member
    Why do Two Push's in the same day, Chest and Shoulders, wouldn't u find your arms get to fatigued so you don't get as much outta your exersices, maybe if anything do shoulders back, or chest back, go push to pull not push push.

im looking to lose fat gain muscle
    Aren't we all...

but, unless you're genetically gifted, it doesn't happen at the same time.

Less calories = lose weight
    More calories = gain weight

Quote Originally Posted by Jock191
    To tell you the truth you shouldnt really train your back and bi's and chest and tri's if you want your secondary muscles to grow.. When you train your back and bis or chest and tris together are you really gonna get that great of a bi or tri workout? No b/c they are all ready fatigued. Slug I want you to try that doing that.. Arms on there own day.. Your always will grow better and they will be less fatigued.
    Well everyone's different bro like i said I'm getting good results with the split I'm usin right now. I don't get fatigued like this, it just warms me up. After I do back, my biceps are already a little pumped so i get a good bi workout everytime. Same goes for my tri's. I don't understand at all why one would do tri's and bi's in the same day. Wouldn't that wear you're arms out completely?

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    You don't have forearms in you split either. You should seriously review your wourk out schedule.

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    Well everyone's different bro like i said I'm getting good results with the split I'm usin right now. I don't get fatigued like this, it just warms me up. After I do back, my biceps are already a little pumped so i get a good bi workout everytime. Same goes for my tri's. I don't understand at all why one would do tri's and bi's in the same day. Wouldn't that wear you're arms out completely?

I know everyone is different but You must not go really heavy then if you can get a good chest and good tri workout in b/c I tell you what On chest I do 4 sets 6- 8 reps of bench working up to 315 and then 4 sets 6-8 reps incline bench with DB's working up to 100 lbs DB's.. There would be NO way in hell I could get a Good tri work out in after that.. Or back going up to 225 on bent over BB rows then pullups then 315 lbs DL's theres no way I could do bis.. Im not knocking your routine b/c thats how I used to do it but trust me when you do arms on there own day you will find out that you will have way better strength and faster recovery time.. Oh and the wearing out your arms part.. I do arms with shoulders on friday then I have saterday and sunday off from weights but do Cardio, doesnt really matter if my arms are spent. Im not working out.

too much cardio no good when i want to promote muscle growth ?

too much cardio no good when i want to promote muscle growth ?
    Right... youre wasting those precious calories you should be taking in

Thread Information