HiFi is offline Associate Member

doing more than one muscle per day

in the past ive always done one muscle group a day. my big concern is that doing two muscle groups in one day might make me feel weak after doing the first group and not get a good workout for the second group of muscle, what do u think?

example is doing.. chest and biceps on a monday
    (my arms wll definitely get worked in the chest exercises)

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HiFi
    in the past ive always done one muscle group a day. my big concern is that doing two muscle groups in one day might make me feel weak after doing the first group and not get a good workout for the second group of muscle, what do u think?

example is doing.. chest and biceps on a monday
    (my arms wll definitely get worked in the chest exercises)
    If your diet, recovery, and/or supp/gear are in check, then i think a 5 day split of one muscle group/day would be better, but make sure arms are done on day 5 so you arent hindered, due to fatigue, from doing your large muscle groups. Right now, im also doing chest/bis, shoulders/tris. Since your bis and tris dont require as much work anyway, doing chest first will warm your arms up, so you can jump in heavy on curls. I dont do more than 6 sets of heavy-ass curls, though.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    i do somthing like chest/tris in one single day cuz while working out ur chest ur already hitting sertain groups of muscles in ur tris and ill do back/bis one day as well cuz hitting ur back ur working out ur bis at the same time and if u get tired doing somthing like this u could for example do a chest workout say bench after doing this u could go to a tri workout etc. and continue swaping chest tri chest tri IMO its good to workout like this if ur considering working more than one muscle group out a day good luck bro and im sure ull find a good answer for ur ? that best suits u

justin

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin2305
    i do somthing like chest/tris in one single day cuz while working out ur chest ur already hitting sertain groups of muscles in ur tris and ill do back/bis one day as well cuz hitting ur back ur working out ur bis at the same time and if u get tired doing somthing like this u could for example do a chest workout say bench after doing this u could go to a tri workout etc. and continue swaping chest tri chest tri IMO its good to workout like this if ur considering working more than one muscle group out a day good luck bro and im sure ull find a good answer for ur ? that best suits u

justin
    I agree with your ideas about switching back and forth, but with smaller muscle groups like tris and bis, IMO, that shouldnt be an issue. I would, however, recommend if your doing 2 large bodyparts;ex. chest/back, to switch back and forth.

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    im not overtraining and i have plenty of energy to do my workouts and i do 2 together, but only back/shoulders and bi's/tri's..Jason

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    i do chest, shoulders, tricepts, lats and back in one day. since my weights are consistantly going up, i am consistantly growing.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    i do chest, shoulders, tricepts, lats and back in one day. since my weights are consistantly going up, i am consistantly growing.
    ummm wow why not throw your legs in on that day to lol

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I think it is more about what split you choose in this situtaion.

I personally do:

Legs

Chest/Shoulders

Back/Traps

Arms

This has worked real well for me and i am rarely if ever fatigued from one excersise to the point that i cannot continue.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Swolecat has a thread about working back and bi's in the same day. Only you don't have to do as many sets with the bi's since they are already pretty trashed from doing back and chest. Same goes for chest and tri's.

jaffry20 is offline Member
    I was also doing a 5 day week training session, but now after xmas after switched to a 4 day, found I have alot more energy hat extra day to recover and I can just go nuts even harder, I was doing something like this, chest, back, legs, shoulders, arms. Now im doing Legs, chest+tri's, day off, back+bi's, shoulders+ tri's, has seemed to been working great so far. I was just more less worried about over working, I didn't like the fact that I would be in the gym for 1-2 hrs doing fukin arms so trying something new.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja

I personally do:

Legs

Chest/Shoulders

Back/Traps

Arms

This has worked real well for me and i am rarely if ever fatigued from one excersise to the point that i cannot continue.
    i love that split, chest and bis is a waste IMO

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja

I personally do:

Legs

Chest/Shoulders

Back/Traps

Arms

why chest an shoulders instead of back an shoulders

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    You just have to do what works for you, everyone's going to be different.

I do:

Chest

Shoulders/Tri's

Back/Bi's

Legs

45 minutes cardio after each workout. I love finishing in a sweat.
    peace,
    otto

Thread Information